GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Believe it's this one?
https://www.protecfuelpumps.com/product/11840-in-tank-high-pressure-vag-type-radical/

The basket is interesting as it's 3d printed.
Yeah, it’s a cool product and so far seems to work on the track with so very effective cars that area has dialed in. Been watching it since protec and area first started posting about it in the 4th quarter last year… they did test it with all fuels at high temps too cause the printed aspect worried some. I’m glad they decided to revise the top part printing to have their branding and it’s nice to see a stateside partner/retailer they have now, will just be interesting to now see eqt cost of business they put on the PROTEC’S product…
B0187A1B-4AA1-4ABA-B77F-88983B8A6701.jpeg
2AC91DFA-FE64-4458-B5EE-41E50CCF5A72.jpeg

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Slapped together a transmission delete bracket today so I could move the car to the empty bay to free up the lift (don’t worry, I put a feeler out there with the wife that we need a second lift).

Re organized the shop, and boxed up the DKM twin disc (they’re planning to warranty the rebuild, even with 82k miles on it).

9082E082-7038-46EF-98F4-62298534A428.jpeg
A426A92A-6E44-4CAD-979F-70FFADF16643.jpeg
3816B000-086A-42A8-8006-D18F4DA7D080.jpeg
9976AF9D-E2C7-4B95-9A7E-5AB9B34B3D4D.jpeg
5BFA2F14-E450-41EA-AB19-E2C858471D5E.jpeg
6DAE1B1E-EDD1-48A9-8A7B-49A3F570B517.jpeg

Saw a interesting work vehicle at FedEx, he had a massive box riding shotgun with him haha
07C479D7-BFFA-4EED-87BA-D4DC9F7C0426.jpeg

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I found out about this today
View attachment 274569
EQT is gonna have a Surge Tank Option? Currently in Testing? I already saw the Protec install video on YT.

I need this, and got Questions.
Where's @Ed @ EQT I need my EQT restrictions removed. What's the cost of these Tanks?

I would go EQT tuned for this. Is it random who I get Tuned by at EQT or can someone request to be tuned by Ed or Hoon?
Wait… I knew the user name seemed familiar! The self proclaimed “guy who single handedly exposed eqt” so you want to be un 86’d as a customer 😂

Asking for that while still keeping your signature as “man that exposed ED eqt and took on the whole forum for dolo”. That’s some nerve 😂😂

Closed thread

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Wait… I knew the user name seemed familiar! The self proclaimed “guy who single handedly exposed eqt” so you want to be un 86’d as a customer 😂

Asking for that while still keeping your signature as “man that exposed ED eqt and took on the whole forum for dolo”. That’s some nerve 😂😂

Closed thread

User name seemed Familiar?
Why you acting like you don't follow my every move?

Like I literally Tagged Ed in it. It's his choice to make, how is it your problem?

I don't understand why you mad though? 🤣

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I couldn't hear you talking over Lynyrd Skynrd

...I was expecting to see rubber band use.....that was a step...beyond :ROFLMAO:

My wife pointed that out, but I told her 99% of people don’t care to listen anyway lol

First time I’ve “needed” to use that trick with the TIG, I could’ve just drilled it & used an easy out but figured it would make a cool YT Short.

My goal is to double my channel’s averages this month by actually posting regularly. There’s something to show/teach daily with as many projects as I’ve got going on, it’s just taking the time to film it consistently.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Slapped together a transmission delete bracket today so I could move the car to the empty bay to free up the lift (don’t worry, I put a feeler out there with the wife that we need a second lift).

Re organized the shop, and boxed up the DKM twin disc (they’re planning to warranty the rebuild, even with 82k miles on it).

View attachment 274589

Saw a interesting work vehicle at FedEx, he had a massive box riding shotgun with him haha
Is your WP finally leaking? Glad DKM is taking care of it since all of this sounds like it was their fault.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Picked up a Atlas Cross Sport R-line for the lady and kids. Flying into Seattle to pick it up tomorrow.

View attachment 274577
I'm almost on track for this too.....wifey needs a new car, but thinking Tiguan SE R-line

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Is your WP finally leaking? Glad DKM is taking care of it since all of this sounds like it was their fault.

It has the slightest little weep, like >10oz per 10k miles. It’s gonna have to be worse than that before I carve out time to pull the manifold to address it.

Taking care of it, kinda I guess. Cost to pay for a rebuild on the clutch is $400-500. Total damage caused by the design flaw is thousands of dollars no matter how I go about fixing it.

If this happened to the average enthusiast who actually depends on their Mk7 as their only vehicle & didn’t have the ability to diy the repairs it could really put them in a bad situation. Out of pocket to just drop it off at a dealership or Indy shop would be $2,000 minimum & 5-6k on the high end. Which could absolutely be worse it it was DSG, where you could double those numbers.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Uninstalled my Oettinger spoiler, and put my interior back to as stock as it can go. Because the car goes away in (hopefully) 4 days.

1677883154444.png

1677883440985.png

1677883475313.png

Stock wheel, shift knob, climatronic controls, and screen back in.

Anyone interested in an 8" non-nav glass screen with the trim? Works perfectly fine on nav enable cars, you just loose the nav button, but gain the 'app' button :ROFLMAO:

1677883553240.png

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Uninstalled my Oettinger spoiler, and put my interior back to as stock as it can go. Because the car goes away in (hopefully) 4 days.

View attachment 274770

View attachment 274771

View attachment 274772

Stock wheel, shift knob, climatronic controls, and screen back in.

Anyone interested in an 8" non-nav glass screen with the trim? Works perfectly fine on nav enable cars, you just loose the nav button, but gain the 'app' button :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 274773
Don't forget your spare!

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Last edited: