GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
Installed a Cobb heat shield and Cobb CF engine cover.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Took it for a spin and found this minty fresh Scirocco.

Swapped in the replacement coolant reroute hose for the IE intake - still potential to rub the air dam tray so flex sealed the edges so they aren’t sharp.
View attachment 274352
View attachment 274350
View attachment 274353
had the exact same issue with my intake and it made enough of a paper cut slit that my mech found coolant leaking out...had to replace hose with two hoses.....connected with dual barb connector, where one hose had right angle......no issues since.

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
had the exact same issue with my intake and it made enough of a paper cut slit that my mech found coolant leaking out...had to replace hose with two hoses.....connected with dual barb connector, where one hose had right angle......no issues since.
I caught mine while it still had the interior braided line to get through. Got a replacement from IE. Happy to hear I’m not alone, @dtfd sent me a flick of his and he’s got all of the clearance.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I caught mine while it still had the interior braided line to get through. Got a replacement from IE. Happy to hear I’m not alone, @dtfd sent me a flick of his and he’s got all of the clearance.
nice. I'll snap a pic of my McGuyverism

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Rolled her over to 18k mi. Got a long ish list of little things to add in next month (wireless charging cubby, under seat drawer, lower engine cover, door warning lights), just waiting for some garage time to come up (the joys of city street parking life.)

IMG_9731.jpeg

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Decided to give it a nice ONR sponge bath in the garage, even though we're supposed to get 6 - 8 inches of snow tonight.

"Why are you washing your car when it's going to snow tonight" is the same energy as "Why clean my house, it's going to get dirty again", change my mind.

Before, sad :(

1677519511071.png

After, happy :)

1677519559796.png

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
40k mile DSG Fluid Service!

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Decided to give it a nice ONR sponge bath in the garage, even though we're supposed to get 6 - 8 inches of snow tonight.

"Why are you washing your car when it's going to snow tonight" is the same energy as "Why clean my house, it's going to get dirty again", change my mind.

View attachment 274374

View attachment 274375
look ma'.....no windshield wiper!

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG

View attachment 274374

View attachment 274375
ONR in the garage is life 🤝

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Yeah he HAD to wash his car or else he wouldn’t be able to see out! 😆

How do you think I stay able to see? By frequently washing my rear windshield :ROFLMAO: