GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

tigeo

Autocross Champion
How bad was the install?
I wish the forums allowed videos...had a good one in the GSW/AT FB group. It's not hard b/c I did it by pushing/prying out the 12V plug vs. removing the entire console. The piece itself isn't a perfect 1 for 1, looks like it's for the R so I trimmed off the 2 tabs shown in the pics which eased getting it in-place, actually fits just fine/nobody would notice the slight imperfection in fit at the v. top. Also, Ali seller says it's backlit (The USB-C outlet) but it's not on my car and I *think* it's b/c your vehicle would need a back-lit 12V socket (some have that as I understand) to have the wiring (for dimming it) to work/feed this unit.

20230222_101554.jpg
20230222_101133.jpg
20230222_100859.jpg
20230222_101125.jpg

The pic

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
I think these look good. Y'all some picky-ass mfers.
comes down to alot of folks not remembering what it was like when option was "Lighting package or basically dogshit reps" and then osram teasing pics of it for a year before it released and then we get all this tire-kicking about "oh well they don't look this way, or they're not warrantiable"

Whippersnappers.
Also re: cheap osrams. Ebay is such a paradise of deals if you are patient. Also, best part is they were starting bid at like 350, so presumably if i had been patient, could've got it even lower than the 600 i listed, decided patience and the deal was good enough at 6.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
comes down to alot of folks not remembering what it was like when option was "Lighting package or basically dogshit reps" and then osram teasing pics of it for a year before it released and then we get all this tire-kicking about "oh well they don't look this way, or they're not warrantiable"

Whippersnappers.

They're definitely nice, though I'd like to see DOT-stamped xenon/HID/LED retrofit for non-LP cars become a thing. But overall, the Osram design is neat, and while there are little nitpicky things I'd change, I don't think there's any value in complaining about more options on the market.

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
They're definitely nice, though I'd like to see DOT-stamped xenon/HID/LED retrofit for non-LP cars become a thing. But overall, the Osram design is neat, and while there are little nitpicky things I'd change, I don't think there's any value in complaining about more options on the market.
Osrams have the DOT stamp which is honestly the highest selling point above all imo.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Osrams have the DOT stamp which is honestly the highest selling point above all imo.

Well that changes everything. I've been getting headaches about my R reps not having the amber corner marker, but if the Osrams are DOT stamped that would mean they're not an issue for inspection.

IMO the whole thing is dumb, the DRLs wrap around the side enough to be adequate/provide the same function as the corner marker, but it sounds like I couldn't even get away with putting a piece of amber tape on the light to get through. I dunno, it's a dumb little thing and for the time being I can get some shops to let it slide, but others not so much. I'd love to have the car be 100% inspection-proof but I also want to see at night soooooo

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
81 degrees? Wash, sonax sealant and threw the room rack on

CF9DCDD8-758D-4C07-AA73-AF2FAD3A4730.jpeg

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
Called multiple auto body shops to paint these OEM Golf R side skirts I picked up. Unfortunately have not been able to find a shop willing to paint because:

a) they didn't purchase the part themselves and wouldn't be able to warranty it
b) they want the whole vehicle to blend the paint

I thought it'd be easier to get these painted lol

Last edited:

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Called multiple auto body shops to paint these OEM Golf R side skirts I picked up. Unfortunately have not been able to find a shop willing to paint either because:
a) they didn't purchase the part themselves and wouldn't be able to warranty it
b) they want the whole vehicle to blend the paint

I thought it'd be easier to get these painted lol
I was expecting option b after reading the first sentence. What they're saying actually makes sense, especially if you're trying to have them colour match the body.

daujin_mk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
I was expecting option b after reading the first sentence. What they're saying actually makes sense, especially if you're trying to have them colour match the body.
After talking with them, it does make sense. I thought it'd be a simple as giving the paint code.

I may just clean them and mount them instead. They are from a oryx white pearl Golf R.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Man I’m having terrible luck with parts lately. Replaced my upper grille because the red strip was peeling and there was no way to remove it to wrap or paint it without the clips all breaking. Aaaaaand the color is way off 😠 . Not tornado red.

F63E2E3A-47EF-4DE3-B7F2-2C39682F3E78.jpeg

86B0C590-8CFE-450B-8BE7-3980C8F32806.jpeg

Between this, my new BMP lights having issues, and my new tires being massively delayed and screwing up my bday weekend…. This week is testing me.

Last edited:

timmyturbo

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3
Man I’m having terrible luck with parts lately. Replaced my upper grille because the red strip was peeling and there was no way to remove it to paint it with the clips all breaking. Aaaaaand the color is way off 😠 . Not tornado red.

View attachment 274190

View attachment 274191

Between this, my new BMP lights having issues, and my new tires being massively delayed and screwing up my bday weekend…. This week is testing me.
Was it ever "tornado red" though? That red strip is the same on all color GTI's, so I would guess it's not specifically color matched because your car happens to be red, that's just the red that's used on all GTI's

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Was it ever "tornado red" though? That red strip is the same on all color GTI's, so I would guess it's not specifically color matched because your car happens to be red, that's just the red that's used on all GTI's
My old one matches my Tornado Red paint. And the stripes in the headlights match the Tornado Red paint too. 🤷‍♂️ Maybe it’s all just a bunch of coincidences. I believe the calipers are Tornado Red too.

Edit: Here are stock pics. You can see it’s all supposed to match.

Attachments

• 6CB936DC-D1D3-425C-8383-3F777C45DB85.png
    6CB936DC-D1D3-425C-8383-3F777C45DB85.png
    5.1 MB · Views: 41