El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Mine protrudes just slightly. And it's one of those things that bothers me just enough that's hard to understand. Yes, I know the screw on ones protrude even further. But they're supposed to. It's the fact that it's meant to look flush, and it sticks up just that itty little bit, that bothers me.

PXL_20230201_132442119.MV.jpg

PXL_20230201_132407440.MV.jpg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Mine protrudes just slightly. And it's one of those things that bothers me just enough that's hard to understand. Yes, I know the screw on ones protrude even further. But they're supposed to. It's the fact that it's meant to look flush, and it sticks up just that itty little bit, that bothers me.

View attachment 271908

View attachment 271909
That's not too bad though....would have never noticed

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
It bothers me. You should delete it.

Put the rear wiper back on.

"No, I don't have a rear wiper. I deleted the wiper delete, that's all."

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
No auto part stores around me carry the 11" rear wiper....had to order from Amazon. I hate to say it.....I'm thinking about deleting because it makes a terrible dragging noise......I never thought I'd say that....
Looks so much better without it. Unless of course it’s dirty and you can’t look through it.

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
I bought a set of Trico blades on Rockauto for cheap. Perform great, don't cost an arm and a leg. But dammit if the adapter thing they send you isn't huge and obnoxiously visible from a driving position, where the OEM ones weren't. I'm gonna order another set of OEM ones when these need replaced, the car rarely sees weather anyway but it bothers the heck out of me that I see these huge lego-looking blocks on the wiper arms.
Rockauto has valeo too, and those usually specify if they are made for j hooks or if they come with the stupid 15 adapters

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Rockauto has valeo too, and those usually specify if they are made for j hooks or if they come with the stupid 15 adapters
Thanks, I'll have to check out their offerings. How's the wiper performance? I had some cheap blades (ages ago) that pushed me to the Trico ones, they're far and away better than the cheapies but the `` a e s t h e t i c ,, is just awful.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Finally took the Cummins project for its first few drives today. Alllllll the turbo noise (videos soon).

Still have a list of little things to do, but this is the first time it’s really been driven in about a year so I’m excited to have it back on the road!

View attachment 271956View attachment 271957View attachment 271958View attachment 271959View attachment 271960View attachment 271961View attachment 271962View attachment 271963
I bet it would look cool if you painted the center grille in a matte or satin black. Would make the intercooler stand out even more.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Tomorrow is the day I go to the dealer again and hopefully don't get jerked around again. They called me the other day after my last visit and said they finally decided to read the bulletin and my parts are indeed covered.