GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Roll up your sleeves and learn a new talent.
Nah. I'm useless when it comes to this stuff. I mean a clogged kitchen sink was like 2 hours of research, trips to Home Depot & Harbor Freight & 4 hours of work.

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Rolled 57k .. time to part out 😅

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 VW Golf R
Rolled 57k .. time to part out 😅

Me when I just hit 78k

fetchimage.jpeg

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Drano Max and 30 minutes waiting?
Didn't work. Tried drano. Tried Instant power drain cleaner and left it overnight. Then poured boiling water in. Nothing.

And btw, do not get that stuff on you. I tried plunging, got some on me & it burned the hair & some skin off my arm. Luckily, chemistry class knowledge kicked in & washed it off right away for 10 minutes, otherwise would've been worse.

The water just stayed there. So, then googled some more and found out there might be a sewer line access from outside the house. So I went and opened it & everything gushed out.

Bought a 25 ft snake and ran it through. Tried again & still clogged. Found another video where's he said it's a T and put water in, if the water comes back out, the clog is in the section that goes down. So to get the snake to go down, just bend it back on itself, insert & you'll feel it pop down, then run it down. Ran into resistance 3 times. Tried again & it was cleared.

My theory is there was so much water in the pipes, that the chemicals were being too diluted to do anything.... except burn my skin

So now I'm just going to put some of that instant power stuff in there every 6 months.

Tldr : chemicals didn't work. Had to use a 25 ft snake & run it through the sewer access outside down away from sink

ChristopherNeil

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Ahh that's rough. And yeah it's pretty caustic. I immediately wash my hands even if it doesn't touch me and I'm wearing gloves. Between living with my wife, who sheds like she's trying to set some sort of record, and working in a hair salon, any clog I default to hair lol

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Didn't work. Tried drano. Tried Instant power drain cleaner and left it overnight. Then poured boiling water in. Nothing.

And btw, do not get that stuff on you. I tried plunging, got some on me & it burned the hair & some skin off my arm. Luckily, chemistry class knowledge kicked in & washed it off right away for 10 minutes, otherwise would've been worse.

The water just stayed there. So, then googled some more and found out there might be a sewer line access from outside the house. So I went and opened it & everything gushed out.

Bought a 25 ft snake and ran it through. Tried again & still clogged. Found another video where's he said it's a T and put water in, if the water comes back out, the clog is in the section that goes down. So to get the snake to go down, just bend it back on itself, insert & you'll feel it pop down, then run it down. Ran into resistance 3 times. Tried again & it was cleared.

My theory is there was so much water in the pipes, that the chemicals were being too diluted to do anything.... except burn my skin

So now I'm just going to put some of that instant power stuff in there every 6 months.

Tldr : chemicals didn't work. Had to use a 25 ft snake & run it through the sewer access outside down away from sink
Sewer Jetter Kit for Pressure Washer 100FT, Newest 5800PSI Drain Cleaner Hose 1/4 Inch NPT Corner, Rotating and Button Hose Sewer Jetting Nozzle Pearl Corsage Pin Waterproof Tape with 2 Spanner https://a.co/d/d9oqcCZ

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Sewer Jetter Kit for Pressure Washer 100FT, Newest 5800PSI Drain Cleaner Hose 1/4 Inch NPT Corner, Rotating and Button Hose Sewer Jetting Nozzle Pearl Corsage Pin Waterproof Tape with 2 Spanner https://a.co/d/d9oqcCZ

I think I would destroy my house with that & probably neighbor's too

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI 10 MZ3
Nah. I'm useless when it comes to this stuff. I mean a clogged kitchen sink was like 2 hours of research, trips to Home Depot & Harbor Freight & 4 hours of work.
Yeah, but that (and your other post going into details) means that you learned something, and that's rad.

mrmattolsen

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI DSG
Drove her for the first time in like 3 days, which is a long time for me. WFH about to have me saving serious money on the gas budget 😆

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Drove her for the first time in like 3 days, which is a long time for me. WFH about to have me saving serious money on the gas budget 😆
tell me about it......WFH for last 3 years, saving me 350 miles/week....do the math on that one. Now that I'm back I've done more oil changes than I did the last 3 years

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Same… last time I filled up was January 6th and I still have 1/3 of a tank left.