GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
The transceivers require fuses on both the positive and negative wires.
That explains it.
Installation instructions want the leads ran all the way to the starter battery and fused there. No thanks! I've never had a problem powering my rear-mounted radios this way.
I do this on car audio installs, but I don't use a fuse at the battery, I use a circuit breaker. Saves your car if the POS lead gets pinched in an accident. You definitely don't want a 1/0 welding cable short to the chassis with a direct connection to the battery.
The coils are not quite what they seem. They're actually CHOKES.
Ok, I see that now, I didn't expand the picture and thought they were velcro straps.

MrTSI

Car(s)
2018 GTI 6MT
Stumbled across some linear Eibach pro-kit Golf R springs in my basement the other day. Between two "teams"-meetings I installed them to my GTI last week. What a difference! Back end is much better supported now, balance improved a lot, even on rougher roads it's quieter. Actually I stopped avoiding deep man hole covers... However the rear end is 8-9mm higher than before, not the end of the world.
View attachment 251500
View attachment 251501
Some part numbers just in case:
Pro-Kit#Front springsRear springs
GTIE10-15-021-02-2211-15-021-02-VA11-15-021-01-HA
GTDE10-85-041-09-2211-85-041-01-VA11-15-021-01-HA
RE10-85-041-01-2211-85-041-01-VA11-15-021-05-HA

Background: About a year ago I installed the European linear GTI Eibach pro-kit E10-15-021-02-22 together w/ some comfort B8s. Although I liked the comfy and well balanced ride, I didn't like that my front bumper kept scraping on the entrance ramp to my company parking spot. After talking to Eibach on the phone I had to find different pro-kit front springs. By the time my cheapest option was a slightly used Golf R pro-kit E10-85-041-01-22. With the Golf R front springs and GTI rear springs I basically had the GTD pro-kit E10-85-041-09-22. The front-end response got better, scraping stopped, front and rear almost equally leveled, but the rear felt a little bit weaker, more aggressive on rougher terrain and deep man hole covers, slightly unbalanced here and there.
This is great info!
I was actually thinking about a B12 kit (Eibach linear + B8) on my 7.5 GTI 6MT PP but have the same concern; a steep parking garage that I use fairly regularly. You mention that the rear is 8-9mm higher but I was curious about how much the R springs raised the front. How does the car sit, overall, compared to stock?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
The engine bay fuse box has a couple of open spots. I ran the 2 wires from both headlights into the fuse box to SB35 and SB36. Crimped a Standard Power Timer 4,8mm for wire size 1,5-2,5mm² to each end. Inserted them to SB35 and SB36, added 2x 20A fuse, done.

View attachment 267263View attachment 267264View attachment 267262
I think that makes sense. So you had to break up the headlight power cable into two where it come together for the fuse joint?
And where did you connect the end terminals that the manual says to connect to the positive battery terminal?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
AHAHAHAHAHA

...for those long, enduring rides where hydrating is essential...and stopping is not

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
AHAHAHAHAHA

...for those long, enduring rides where hydrating is essential...and stopping is not
Lmao I accidentally deleted the pic. But I can’t let your comment go orphan…

Here it is, in all it’s practical glory.
8A17778A-0D93-4BBF-980D-464B7C89270A.jpeg

I hope someone is running some bleach through that regularly 😂

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
All of you guys going on long road trips next spring and summer, you know what you have to do.
Back in my college days, it was a coke bottle
#steeringskills

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Lmao I accidentally deleted the pic. But I can’t let your comment go orphan…

Here it is, in all it’s practical glory.
View attachment 267286

I hope someone is running some bleach through that regularly 😂

This is fcking hilarious and wtf at the same time

spezjag

Car(s)
2021 GTi
This afternoon (cold sunny day), I installed the front two RallyArmor mudflaps to my Mk. 7.5 GTi. Instructions were initially a bit confusing, so the first (passenger side) took a while to complete. I also managed to cut my finger trying to cut the zip tie that bound the brackets :rolleyes:. Once I figured what was what, the driver's side went quickly. The fronts look good, not too obvious, and I'm certain they will help protect the sides of the car in inclement weather. The sun started to go down, so I've deferred installing the rear flaps until tomorrow. Once they're all on the car, I'll take and post pics.

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
This afternoon (cold sunny day), I installed the front two RallyArmor mudflaps to my Mk. 7.5 GTi. Instructions were initially a bit confusing, so the first (passenger side) took a while to complete. I also managed to cut my finger trying to cut the zip tie that bound the brackets :rolleyes:. Once I figured what was what, the driver's side went quickly. The fronts look good, not too obvious, and I'm certain they will help protect the sides of the car in inclement weather. The sun started to go down, so I've deferred installing the rear flaps until tomorrow. Once they're all on the car, I'll take and post pics.

I have rally armors as well. They definitely help keeping the sides cleaner and the rear. This is the rear of mine.

I am lowered now though - forgot how big the gap was on the tires lmao 🤣

Attachments

• 4E98E08A-051A-4843-8EA9-9C0C50A3B4E1.jpeg
    4E98E08A-051A-4843-8EA9-9C0C50A3B4E1.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 71