GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI
Finally got around to installing the blind spot monitoring mirror caps + LEDs. Straight from Ali, but had the mirror caps color-matched Dark Iron Blue to match the stock ones. Many many thanks to @Nuje for advice, @mr-fix for a phenomenal DIY video, and @xabhax / @Cuzoe et al. for the inspiration. Huge improvement over the stock dinky mirror lights, imo.

View attachment 266449
View attachment 266450
Ya, I'll never understand why vw would have given other cars this light, but the golfs got the worst blind spot indicators.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I wish I had a garage. There’s been plenty of evenings when I’ve been bored and wanted to mess with the GTI and it’s been too dark. This is the first car I’ve ever done stuff to myself and it turns out wrenching on a car is fun as hell

Daily Driver

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Regretting my Seibon Carbon Fiber Hood Impulse purchase.

Seibon CF hood on Black Friday $995

Rex Super sport CF Hood $650.
Screenshot_20221126-153451.jpg

So the Question is, Is Seibon worth the Extra $345? I'm going with No, even if the fitment is a bit off. Only thing is that I prefer the clean hood vs having the Bonnet Hood. Do I hate it enough to spend $345 extra? 🤔 💸💸🥲

I need to contact Seibon! Stop the steal!

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG

View attachment 266530

So the Question is, Is Seibon worth the Extra $345? I'm going with No, even if the fitment is a bit off. Only thing is that I prefer the clean hood vs having the Bonnet Hood. Do I hate it enough to spend $345 extra? 🤔 💸💸🥲

How much is the shipping though?

xabhax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GTI

View attachment 266530

You can't get an oem hood, and have it painted for 650. I think it isn't a bad purchase. You might be able to sell it in a couple months for more than you paid for it.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI 6MT
Clay barred the car this morning in preparation for some ceramic wax this afternoon. My harbor freight buffer died after 15 years so Black Friday deal time it is.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)

View attachment 266530

Can’t lie…kinda like it…. Why go normal for more money?

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT

daujin229

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GTI DSG
I think it’s normal for STFT to bounce around during regular driving. The key is where it is at WOT.
What are they at idle when stopped and WOT?
STFT during WOT was between -5 and -11. At 5k RPMs, -5. At 7k RPMs, -11. LTFT was -1. I also attached the log (probably not the best log). Not sure if this matters but just under 3/4 tank of gas.