MK7.5 6MT GTI
Finally installed the EQT IS38 this morning
15F07B14-EEE4-4FC5-A231-845D5ED11F42.jpeg

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
This is how I picture most people:

Not necessarily aimed at you, since you admit you probably shouldn't have gotten the S 🤣

I bought the S with the idea of "Man, it's gonna be easier to find headlights than seats, nobody's gonna wanna sell their sweet plaid."

And now here we are, I bought Ed's reps and have to grease the wheels a little to get it through PA inspection, and folks are literally giving away the plaid seats. Oh well, at least I scored getting the performance pack and low miles at a good price. I'm really not a fan of leather for something like this, though I admit it's nice.

mwoodski

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf SW 4mo
changed out my shift knob and boot for an eGolf one. Then slapped my DSG top clip in from my stock one to give off a faux GTE look.

Does anyone know what color trim the eGolf's had for the center stack and guage surrounds? Trying to see what other models had the same color and if any came witg a key start so I can order the shifter surround without a start button hole.

1669054726683.png

I bought the S with the idea of "Man, it's gonna be easier to find headlights than seats, nobody's gonna wanna sell their sweet plaid."

And now here we are, I bought Ed's reps and have to grease the wheels a little to get it through PA inspection, and folks are literally giving away the plaid seats. Oh well, at least I scored getting the performance pack and low miles at a good price. I'm really not a fan of leather for something like this, though I admit it's nice.

At some point I want a set of plaids to recover in GTE plaid with blue stitching, so it's good to know folks are giving them away. :LOL:

DangerDane2008

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
15 GSW TDI DSG
changed out my shift knob and boot for an eGolf one. Then slapped my DSG top clip in from my stock one to give off a faux GTE look.

Does anyone know what color trim the eGolf's had for the center stack and guage surrounds? Trying to see what other models had the same color and if any came witg a key start so I can order the shifter surround without a start button hole.

View attachment 266145

At some point I want a set of plaids to recover in GTE plaid with blue stitching, so it's good to know folks are giving them away. :LOL:
I had the intention of recovering my seats with silver GTD plaid but I ended up liking the red and it matches my red GTI PP brakes. Gonna do GTI bumper and lights soon. Im just gonna change the badging to GTD. Also the material and upholstery work is big $$$

Last edited:

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Helicoil coil pack #3. Did not want to drill more than necessary so I put some tape on the drill/threader near the top of the coil. Buuuuut I did not account for the couple millimeters the drill tip extends, so a couple coils poke out. Bolt is now tight though.
BB3848D0-5767-449C-999D-A46A61911E65.jpeg

Reactions: krs

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
I had the intention of recovering my seats with silver GTD plaid but I ended up liking the red and it matches my red GTI PP brakes. Gonna do GTI bumper and lights soon. Im just gonna change the badging to GTD. Also the material and upholstery work is big $$$
I don't want to see any GTD badges until an IRS swap is done 😁. I went as far as DCC retrofit and I do have GTD seats in my TDI but I can't bring myself to do the GTD badge yet 😶.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Have a deep groove on my Passenger side Rotors. I was looking for Black Friday deals on 2 piece rotors. so I purchased a Carbon Fiber Hood. 🤔👍

Less weight should increase stopping power, right?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Have a deep groove on my Passenger side Rotors. I was looking for Black Friday deals on 2 piece rotors. so I purchased a Carbon Fiber Hood. 🤔👍

Less weight should increase stopping power, right?
You're not wrong.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
So I took a Pre-work just to find out Gym closed early due to construction.

I was too amped up on pre-work, I texted my friend with MKV supra "your cars not Fast and it's making me Furious!" We met up and it didn't go so good.

Now I'm driving home listening to Rocky.

PS. Don't race in winter tires. 🤦

PSS. It's over for him when my Carbon Fiber Hood arrives!