GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

eddiekranc

Ready to race!
I put the same part on the other night with no issues with the screw. I did purchase the cts pipe to replace the oem one so didn't face ur second issue. As for the turbo, no scratches for me only oil.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gibberoni

Ready to race!

Installed this today

smoriarty

Passed Driver's Ed
Tuned to Unitronic Stage 1+. Wow, this car is a beast now. Amazing upgrade, let's just hope that my clutch survives.

TheSwede

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf7 Alltrack/Cupra
Just received my CTS Turbo Inlet Pipe. Went to install it and removing the OEM one is extremely easy. Installing the new part is also very easy but when I tried to screw the Torx 30 screw, it just doesn't fit in the CTS part. It's just too big and won't screw. I tried to force it but no way.

It'was also very hard to get the intake (stock) pipe to slid onto the CTS pipe. I had to take a knife to pry the OEM pipe up so it would fit. I don't know if it's not the right part but I had to put the OEM pipe back. Very disappointing since I waited 2 weeks to get that part.

While doing that, I took a picture of the Turbo and I found the following scratches in the turbo itself. Is this normal?

It look’s like there isn’t any tread in your inlet pipe, the hole is to small and “clean”. It should be M6 tread. This is rather easy to create with a tread tool.

I installed mine today. It fitted as good as the original plastic inlet pipe.
Regarding the “scratches” I don’t think it matters.

/Peter

Tej.

Ready to race!
It look’s like there isn’t any tread in your inlet pipe, the hole is to small and “clean”. It should be M6 tread. This is rather easy to create with a tread tool.

I installed mine today. It fitted as good as the original plastic inlet pipe.
Regarding the “scratches” I don’t think it matters.

/Peter

Thanks Peter,

I'll go get a M6 tool.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Tried to find the noise on my left front... Stupid noise

cbaumy34

Go Kart Champion
Y'all need to meet Mr. Shop Vac, with brush attachment! :eek:
And his wife Mrs. Swiffer/Duster.
LOL [emoji2]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk