GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
Got the 265/35s mounted to the 10.5 wheels… with the 034 balljoint, 3mm spacers and camber mounts push in pretty good… I’m still fighting fitment with the srs fenders. On a coilover height car I would be fine… but to get it to air out I’m still gonna have to force in more - camber or stretch the tires more (which I really don’t want to do)

That or…. Put the stock fenders on and get some wheel flares.

View attachment 265866View attachment 265863View attachment 265864View attachment 265865
What wheel is that? I love the color and style of wheel

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
How is there not vertical play on the side of the arm that gets put into the subframe bushing? The OEM one is like 1" thick on that end and the Roc-Euro one is just a few mm thick piece of steel? Because of the bushing and insert you can't tighten the bolt into subframe more... Just picturing it in my head there would be an unfilled void there? Am I picturing this wrong?
The metal part of the puck insert squishes the arm into the upper part of the dogbone. On the OEM arm that part would be up in the arm's cavity. Same thickness-ish.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I'm surprised your puck doesn't go up further into the upper. And is that at an angle?

That's just the insert, not the full replacement hybrid bushing. Photo is taking on a slight angle though

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
What wheel is that? I love the color and style of wheel
Tsw imatra

But my fitment is not the regular vw ones at like 8.5 and et40s

The lug bolt socket looks much different on those due to the depth. You can see them all in thier gallery to see what I’m referring to.

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
Flashed my revised Sneeky tune. I think I may do some non-scientific comparison between tunes this weekend.

I've had my E85 map sitting on my AP.
Temps here are mid 40s highest, to low 30s. Figured I'd wait until next year to upload the E85 map.

Then again I'm currently on a week long staycation from work, I guess I can test out the E85 map for a week before I switch back to 93 when heading back to work.

Anyone have Cold start issues on E85 in North East with current 40-30 temps? Or you already switched back to pump?

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
Did this today.

View attachment 265873

View attachment 265874

Torqued to spec, blue loctite on the two back bolts.

Initial thought after only a quick drive taking the long way to the grocery store... I don't notice much of a difference. I mean, I didn't have wheel hop due to AWD, but was curious about smoother shifts and reduced NVH. I guess no change is better than a bad change? We'll see how I feel after putting more miles on it.
Ordered mine this morning.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Did this today.

View attachment 265873

View attachment 265874

Torqued to spec, blue loctite on the two back bolts.

Initial thought after only a quick drive taking the long way to the grocery store... I don't notice much of a difference. I mean, I didn't have wheel hop due to AWD, but was curious about smoother shifts and reduced NVH. I guess no change is better than a bad change? We'll see how I feel after putting more miles on it.
I'm on the powerflex Diesel insert and had a similar opinion right after install. So either it's in my head, or heat cycles, vibration or just a longer drive do help something settle to where it gets better. Let us know how it feels after the first couple drives.

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I noticed the RocEuro arm almost immediately but I am running the full hybrid bushing/puck from Powerflex.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I've had my E85 map sitting on my AP.
Temps here are mid 40s highest, to low 30s. Figured I'd wait until next year to upload the E85 map.

Then again I'm currently on a week long staycation from work, I guess I can test out the E85 map for a week before I switch back to 93 when heading back to work.

Anyone have Cold start issues on E85 in North East with current 40-30 temps? Or you already switched back to pump?
Prepare for hard starts. I’ve already switched back to 93.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
What tune? United Motorsport tailors it to help with starting in the cold. I am glad it only gets into the 30s where I am.
EQT ….. how can UM tailor an E85 Tune to help with cold starts?