Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
maxresdefault.jpg

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
I have the Cobb full intake system and it sits well in there. I am contemplating getting the new CF version and my old (current) one will be up for sale.
The issue with the MST is that it uses 2 of the 3 grommets so there's a lot of play, and the pipe goes freely into the airbox opening. So I got an airbox hitting the air dam and intake bouncing around the airbox entry port.

Which on in particular? If you're saying it's all secure and snug, may be interested.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Jake is triggering my PTSD from picking paint colors with my wife for the house, though this is kind of erotic. 50 Shades of Bronze.

Netflix could do a full five part series on the drama that is me picking & actually having this done.

This has been extremely stressful, expensive & time consuming for really absolutely no reason.

I told me dad the color I picked last night, and he said it sounded “too ghetto for him” lol. So I guess he’s not on board with my Rally livery vibes.

Normally he’s my back up when the wife doesn’t approve of my antics, so hopefully it’s at least approved by my peers as I struggle through these first world problems

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Netflix could do a full five part series on the drama that is me picking & actually having this done.

This has been extremely stressful, expensive & time consuming for really absolutely no reason.

I told me dad the color I picked last night, and he said it sounded “too ghetto for him” lol. So I guess he’s not on board with my Rally livery vibes.

Normally he’s my back up when the wife doesn’t approve of my antics, so hopefully it’s at least approved by my peers as I struggle through these first world problems
It is a huge decision actually, as your wife is gonna make you live in those new shoes for a looooong time lol

Duchess

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI Mk 7.5
Kind of a potato-quality picture, but I had the underside of my hood painted!
IMG_7065.jpg

The design was a collaborative effort between a friend of mine (Sorotrax) who did the design and lineart, and a local artist slash Miata enthusiast (padynsmiata) who painted it on and added colour. I was inspired to do this when I saw Padyn's own Miata at a meet back in May because she has her hood painted with an interpretation of the Great Wave Off Kanagawa and I couldn't stop thinking about it! Really happy with how it turned out.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Slathered on a bunch of Dr Colorchip to the inside of the wheel well in the back where the wheel removed a good amount of paint. Just in time for the rainy season to finally hit in Vancouver.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
70k miles of build up blasted off. It has been a week and a couple hundred miles and I do notice a difference in idle and driving around town.

Attachments

• Before 1.png
    Before 1.png
    801 KB · Views: 46
  • After 1.png
    After 1.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 51
  • Before 2.png
    Before 2.png
    812.2 KB · Views: 47
  • After 2.png
    After 2.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 42
  • Before 3.png
    Before 3.png
    799.7 KB · Views: 41
  • After 3.png
    After 3.png
    3 MB · Views: 45
  • Before 4.png
    Before 4.png
    822.9 KB · Views: 41
  • After4.png
    After4.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 48

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Got the call my wheels are done, so I’ll pick those up in the morning!

Spent today cutting up the Cummins project the hard way (adding a FMIC on a non intercooled truck is normally tackled by swapping to the newer facelift core support & grille that came factory with a IC, like my old truck).

I have a game plan to triangulate the core support & stiffen the remaining structure below the hood latch, but need material so it’s all torn back apart for that (and paint).

5521216B-8C61-467E-87EE-143217AD24E4.jpeg
7D154DB0-0B7E-46D8-A4A6-0542F6EDCCF5.jpeg
6EFFB854-2584-46FE-B397-825E8613AA5D.jpeg
0A780254-253C-4897-8BDF-3A313F8E141A.jpeg
C3A57CC4-9C58-4994-B94F-EBBD83E1547F.jpeg

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Went to my buddy’s house to rotate my tires.