GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Finally got my spare key programmed which sucked because I went to the dealer a few towns over and it was like $50 more than what I was expecting, but I did have a nice drive there and back...great morning for it, so not a total bust.

kyLman

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Golf
Got an oil analysis back today. Interesting to see LiquiMoly low on viscosity. Also aluminum?
1665524904458.png

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Second look, the pictures don’t do these wheels do justice in person
8468C6E7-2337-499E-A761-16ED2E9736C5.jpeg

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Getting ready….

022E6065-4ED7-4A47-BBB3-D8B38C2C72D2.jpeg

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Did a carbon cleaning after 70k miles and there was a limited amount of buildup, really no big deal. I also replaced all four injectors and the HPFP. Unfortunately, that didn’t cure the rail drop issue. This log was taken with the brand new parts installed and you’ll see that rail pressure drops 900 psi below the set-point and there is some knock only on Cyl 1. I’ve boroscoped the cylinder… while the amount of knock on Cyl 1 in the log isn’t particularly high, it’s clear that it’s lean as there are signs of detonation on top of the piston.

It stands to reason that Cyl 1, furthest away from the HPFP down the rail, is not getting enough fuel when the rail pressure drops. This only happens at WOT, there are no issues driving normally and there are no other drivability issues. I’ve also never gotten a code for rail pressure too low, which is kind of puzzling, but it’s definitely not following the set point.

Process of elimination here… the Injectors and HPFP are new, known good parts. I’m prepared to replaced the LPFP next. Am I leaving out any other possible cause?

I’m curious as to where others on pump gas tunes, particularly from EQT, see their LPFP duty cycle % at WOT. Mine sits at 92%, which from my understanding is maxed out. @Diggs24 , what would you say is a safe LPFP duty % range for a pump gas is38 tune?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Just curious was all.. but now it created some worry lol

The Oil Analysis Report: "Here's your report, no need to worry about anything."

@kyLman: "Well shit, now I'm worried."

🤣 🤣

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Damn, I officially no longer have the sexiest Austins. Well played

"Sexy" and "Austins" never belong in the same sentence. Lipstick on a pig.

As far as the color itself, it does look great.