GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Captured video of my weird whine…

It’s quite loud when you’re next to things. Most obvious right at the beginning and in the second half of the video.

I’m thinking a belt pulley bearing or DSG bearing 🤷‍♂️

Or maybe I picked up a jet engine?

Last edited:

Mr. Conundrum

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn

It’s quite loud when you’re next to things. Most obvious right at the beginning and in the second half of the video.

Mine makes pretty much the same sound, especially in 1st and 2nd. I think it's just DSG gear whine. I noticed it got quieter after a DSG service and fresh fluid.

Mr. Conundrum

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Autobahn
Changed the battery and coded it. Saved ~18lbs over the one that was in there when I bought it. Probably placebo, but I swear the trans is smoother and so is the idle. My old battery was running right on the edge, so maybe the voltage is more consistent. #racecarstuff
20221005_193702~2.jpg

20220918_091156.jpg

20221005_153809~2.jpg

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Mine makes pretty much the same sound, especially in 1st and 2nd. I think it's just DSG gear whine. I noticed it got quieter after a DSG service and fresh fluid.
What’s weird is there are DSG owners without this sound. Watch videos online and don’t hear it at all. And frankly I’ve never heard it on any other DQ250 car. So I don’t know what to make of it. It’s so loud, I can’t imagine it’s entirely normal. It’s really audible outside the car, but only slightly inside.

Does yours make the sound too if you rev it in neutral?

Last edited:

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP

Kinda sound like a loose tensioner pulley?

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Love it when a woman revs their motor.. just saying

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Sometimes my wife backs her Tesla into the garage and I'm downstairs to hear it... does that noise count? 😬
It sounds like aliens are coming to probe your butt, so maybe...

Daily Driver

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI SE
I have done re-tunes in my LS cars and I would have to say that the amount of money that some tuners for the VW charge is absurd. Especially since they have been tuning the platform for so long and all they are really doing is loading a tune they already have and tweaking it. I went from shorty headers, to LT, to turbo with 60lb injectors, to a bigger turbo with 80lb injectors, two different fuel pump set up. Initial tune was 325, every revision for upgrades was 125 NA and between 150-200 for the turbo upgrades. I was reading that you basically pay for a custom tune every time you add something like MPI, or a change to a different turbo. That's a bit too much.

Bro Facts!

But I'm also part of the problem. I work 16hr days, sometimes I must do 40/40 days, most days I do 24/40 days. On my relief days I try to rest as much as possible or do simple stuff with my car and just enjoy it. I wish I could have the time to really learn how to tune myself.

Or if @Diggs24 starts his own Pro-Tunes named "No Diggity" I'll check it out.