GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
How many spare fuel containers do you have for E? Take it you’re riding it out…prayers definitely
None. I won't be going anywhere until after the storm passes unless I get activated at work. When Irma hit my agency brought in a fuel tanker since we're essential and must report and they were worried about widespread infrastructure damage. I was like any chance there's at least some premium on that bad boy?

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
New tires on Michelin Pilot Sport 4S in 225/40/18 on Enkei RPF1 18x7.5. They are meaty 👍
516E7BB2-4560-41A7-9643-FDCB64E1E32B.jpeg

YamR1rider

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
Did DIY DSG service @ 40k on my GTI, top fill method. Very easy job. Earlier this week changed brake pads/rotors/fluid and oil on daughters 'new' (140k miler) first car 1.8TSi - been busy! Now cars garaged ahead of Ian here in Tampa Bay area, but it's now looking like we may be spared the worst of it here as it looks like it will now more like come ashore Ft Myers area - all the best to everyone else impacted, stay safe!

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Did DIY DSG service @ 40k on my GTI, top fill method. Very easy job. Earlier this week changed brake pads/rotors/fluid and oil on daughters 'new' (140k miler) first car 1.8TSi - been busy! Now cars garaged ahead of Ian here in Tampa Bay area, but it's now looking like we may be spared the worst of it here as it looks like it will now more like come ashore Ft Myers area - all the best to everyone else impacted, stay safe!
You don’t say.

6ABE8CCD-8595-4DB9-B52D-85F8045EDC81.jpeg

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I flashed the Sneeky tune after work and went for a spin and ran my normal errands. So far, everything feels great, but I’ll need more driving time before I can form a more solid opinion.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Damn dude. Hang in there. Or maybe hang in there but, like, somewhere else a little less coasty.
Too late at this point. Just me and the dogs, wife got activated at 1830. The dogs went out around 8 for some hurricane zoomies. Just had some chicken tendies for dinner and the dogs are asleep on the couch.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Too late at this point. Just me and the dogs, wife got activated at 1830. The dogs went out around 8 for some hurricane zoomies. Just had some chicken tendies for dinner and the dogs are asleep on the couch.
Oh, you have tendies. I'm sorry, I didn't realize. Good to go!

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
As an added flash, I noticed I had the newest Stratified DSG tune as well so I loaded that up too. I think I ran it for like a week last year and then snagged up the EQT one so I had a matching set and never really gave the Stratified one a fair shot. Another quick drive this time a bit later so I was able to get a bit more on it. As far as the Sneeky tune goes, it feels pretty good! It feels like it comes on harder than the EQT stage 1 91 octane and pulls a bit harder on top. The Stratified DSG tune doesn’t feel worse or better, just different. As I said earlier, though, I’ll need more time with both (especially the DSG) to know what’s up.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
As an added flash, I noticed I had the newest Stratified DSG tune as well so I loaded that up too. I think I ran it for like a week last year and then snagged up the EQT one so I had a matching set and never really gave the Stratified one a fair shot. Another quick drive this time a bit later so I was able to get a bit more on it. As far as the Sneeky tune goes, it feels pretty good! It feels like it comes on harder than the EQT stage 1 91 octane and pulls a bit harder on top. The Stratified DSG tune doesn’t feel worse or better, just different. As I said earlier, though, I’ll need more time with both (especially the DSG) to know what’s up.

I have both the EQT and Stratified DSG tunes for my R, and I prefer the Stratified one. For the most part, they feel very similar, but the Stratified one hangs on to gears a little longer in D mode with light throttle input before upshifting, Mostly noticeable in 2nd and 3rd. Things like launching, WOT, or highway speeds, they're pretty much indistinguishable.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
@Wastegate13 you still hanging in there?
Yeah. Been raining non stop all night. The canal is looking pretty full behind me but it’s freshwater so it won’t be affected by surge. They say the wind is gonna increase around noon through 2 so I expect to lose power. Just put up my last shutter so nothing to do now but wait.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yeah. Been raining non stop all night. The canal is looking pretty full behind me but it’s freshwater so it won’t be affected by surge. They say the wind is gonna increase around noon through 2 so I expect to lose power. Just put up my last shutter so nothing to do now but wait.
Keep your head down, brother, that damn storm kicked up to 155 mph.