GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S
I'm not sure I understand. Happens around 6700ish in third right when I am about to shift into fourth. Log is below. Older log but same symptoms:

https://datazap.me/u/daks/log-1663899770?log=0&data=8-15
Oh that's right, you've got real clutch. Are you clutching in at this point? Looking over the log, maybe I'm blind but I don't see where you have misfires defined. I see knock, but i'm not seeing misfires.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
So I got an update on the R.

2nd estimate finally got approved by the insurance company. Went with a certified dealership repair shop so all new oem parts going on. Total was just shy of 8k, so alot less damage than I thought. Just be glad to give up this honda crv hybrid and get my car back!!

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S
I see knock before shift and your injector drops while your rail pressure and LPFP/HPFP% stay steady right as you get that knock and stuff happens.
1663901262297.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 VW Golf R
I'm not mad about it. You saw what the Ruths looked like, they weren't for my setup.

Nah, don't get me wrong. Nothing against throwing them in and seeing if it helped. It just seems their recommendations for the last few months, no matter the problem, is $160 spark plugs. At least in your situation, you're running a hybrid and it's somewhat justified. But you see it all over their FB, fools throwing $160 plugs in their stage 1 GTIs where the most action their car sees is a highway on ramp every now and then.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S
That's what happens, right before the shift. Injectors?
No, looking closer it looks like you're off the gas. Misfire at cyl 3 happens for a split second before you dump the accel pedal according to the log. Injector drops with accel, so normal. I feel like I'm blind, but everytime I look over your variables I'm not seeing misfire. I see knock.. And knock would be timing and/or fuel related at those RPMS. Which would point to tune to me. 🤷‍♂️

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S
No, looking closer it looks like you're off the gas. Misfire at cyl 3 happens for a split second before you dump the accel pedal according to the log. Injector drops with accel, so normal. I feel like I'm blind, but everytime I look over your variables I'm not seeing misfire. I see knock.. And knock would be timing and/or fuel related at those RPMS. Which would point to tune to me. 🤷‍♂️
Nevermind, you do have injector drop while still requesting WOT it looks like..
That's what happens, right before the shift. Injectors?
1663901867264.png

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Alright, I'm gonna go log it and report back with a fresh log.