GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Checked out the bolts on my RocEuro arm and they are still good to go.

galavanter13

Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Checked out the bolts on my RocEuro arm and they are still good to go.
Did you use red loctite then torque to spec or something different during install?

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Did you use red loctite then torque to spec or something different during install?
Torque to spec, blue loctite, and safety wire. Red loctite is a permanent step I am not ready to commit to.....

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
took both wheels off, checked pillow balls for movement and then endlinks....chasing a slight clunking sound when turning the steering wheel to left...fun times in 95+ degree garage

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
took both wheels off, checked pillow balls for movement and then endlinks....chasing a slight clunking sound when turning the steering wheel to left...fun times in 95+ degree garage
Sounds like misery. I am holding off on my planned suspension work until the end of September at least. I figure that will be an all day job so I am shooting for some cooler weather. Plus I still need to buy the rest of the parts. Only have the springs right now and I want to do it right the first time so I am getting Bilstein shocks & struts and all new hardware.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Sounds like misery. I am holding off on my planned suspension work until the end of September at least. I figure that will be an all day job so I am shooting for some cooler weather. Plus I still need to buy the rest of the parts. Only have the springs right now and I want to do it right the first time so I am getting Bilstein shocks & struts and all new hardware.
wear a rubber suit like wrestlers do and drop a few pounds while you're at it lol

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
Got a TCR rear spoiler from @ZimmLR. Got it on late last night. Very subtle but that is how I like it. OEM plus.

IMG_20220830_173054.jpg

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
TCR HPFP (y) only be$1500

dood.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Tried out this new Tackform phone mount that I got for taking track videos and it worked well so far. Mounted it on the passenger headrest rail, then did some logs with the Cobb AP and managed to do an overlay video in Racerender. Just fiddling around for now to see how everything works. Not gonna post any videos yet, but here are some logs, most interesting is log #3. IE V2 intercooler is doing a reasonable job, 11 - 18 deg above ambient of 75.

https://datazap.me/u/dood/20220830-eqt-stage-2?log=2&data=3-6-8-15-20-22

Phone mount:
https://www.tackform.com/products/p...ckseat-passengers?_pos=1&_sid=883ea884d&_ss=r

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Manual transmission fluid change. VW says its a lifetime fluid; it's pretty easy so I figure might as well. Used Amsoil 75W-90. I've used their oil on my previous cars/motorcycle without issue and you can now order online instead of going to a distributor. Not concerned about cold start conditions.
I park on a incline/decline, so I parked my car facing down. Removed 10mm hex bit fill/drain bolt and drained. After 5 mins tightened bolt to gÜtentight torque spec. Took out the intake and found the plastic whatever its called plug (19mm wrench). Used a funnel with hose and filled 2.4 quarts. Started car and parked back the other way. Felt faster.
IMG_8896.JPG
IMG_8897.JPG

Last edited: