GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Rennwagen

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
A few weeks ago I decided to paint correct and ceramic coat my MK7.
Did my first wash this morning and WOW. Super easy, only needed water.
3AFE6AB2-E852-439E-80B7-E97CBC0461E5.jpeg

DFFB3F0A-464F-4F86-B0FE-7AF220C1CD7D.jpeg

Rennwagen

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Sexy, but did you forget to the protective plastic off your center caps still? Lol

Just like Gram’s couch…
Actually no, I used iron remover on the wheels and the center caps didn’t like that so much lol.
I’m trying to find VW center caps in the same size but haven’t looked into it much yet.

TooMuchFun

Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
Yeah, you Cali and Vegas guys don't have to worry about salt I guess.
Unless you're on the coast like I am. My business is literally 100ft. from the crashing waves at the beach. There's a crazy amount of salt in the air here, especially when the marine layer comes in. It gets everywhere. This town used to have a "Rusty Car Contest" at the yearly crafts fair.

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Gave her a bath

F2C5827B-3C1C-4687-8DDF-E24E0B625851.jpeg

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Still getting elevated misfires on #2. 99% are imperceptible — only visible via OBD monitoring. Swapped the coil packs between #2 and #3 and no real improvement.

Today I got a major power cut when I got on it in 3rd gear. As soon as full boost hit, it was like the TC kicked in for a split second, but it wasn’t TC. Hard to tell what happened. Boost let off “pshh” then it picked back up. Either a misfire or maybe the DV let loose? It’s happened in 4th gear recently too. No codes or lights. I’m going to assume it was related to my misfires dealio for now.

Gonna pop in fresh plugs tomorrow morning and hopefully that’s that. If that’s not that, I’m not sure where to go from there.

Would a misfire or DV misbehavior normally trigger a CEL?

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
@mrmattolsen A misfire that the ECM responds to will trigger a flashing CEL. This is the only time a flashing CEL will occur as far as i know.. the micro misfires happen although you may or may not have something going on..

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
@mrmattolsen A misfire that the ECM responds to will trigger a flashing CEL. This is the only time a flashing CEL will occur as far as i know.. the micro misfires happen although you may or may not have something going on..
This was a really really obvious power cut/stumble. I heard the boost let off. It’s hard to think something caused that and the ECU didn’t pick up on it and throw a code. Could it have still been a misfire that somehow wasn’t detected?

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI