I don’t have any. If you look at my profile picture, that’s actually a really good vantage point. I called my local VW dealer and bought a new switch that’ll arrive tomorrow but not sure what to do other than a plastic bag over the window.Yes. You can also try to put the key in the door and turn it towards locking and hold it in that position
I’ll look into it but I don’t think I have lock tumblers.
I don’t have any. If you look at my profile picture, that’s actually a really good vantage point. I called my local VW dealer and bought a new switch that’ll arrive tomorrow but not sure what to do other than a plastic bag over the window.
I’m probably not doing it correctly because it didn’t go up. I turned towards lock in several different ways, some less some more. I’ll try again later.Awesome! Thank you guys very much. I parked in a parking garage and went and got the truck. I’ll give it a shot later today when I’m able. Thank you!!
The shop finally got a chance to look at my car today. After a 6 days of the car sitting my official diagnosis is:Finally broke it at the track.
View attachment 258097View attachment 258098
The car felt amazing all day and then all the sudden shit the bed in the 4th session. My clutch dropped to the floor on an aggressive 2nd-3rd shift. I "shifted" back to neutral and coasted off the track.
I've owned my car for 5 years, 68,000 miles and ~15 track days so far. This is the first real issue I've ever had with the car and the only time It has ever left me stranded.
Anyway, AAA said it would be close to midnight before they could get someone out so I had to leave my car at the track. Ill have to go back to figure something out tomorrow.
The shop finally got a chance to look at my car today. After a 6 days of the car sitting my official diagnosis is:
"confirmed hydraulic fluid leaking from bell housing area.
rec to remove transmission assembly and inspect clutch & slave cylinder."
I was quoted $1200 to tear it down and fix whatever it may be plus whatever the parts will cost. I dont have another car and I need to get to work so I dont have much of a choice. I'd much rather have a VW specialist do this but my trusted go-to shop, NGP, is booked into October. I guess this is what I get for tracking my daily. I went ahead an approved the quote and hope to hear back tomorrow.
I was pretty bummed so I went and checked out a new Supra today. They want a $1000 (fully refundable, no-commitment) deposit for an order with an expected delivery of January. I am very temped.