GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
Got a flat, put on the spare just to find out the spare was deflated...

Attachments

• 20220803_091407.jpg
    20220803_091407.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 20

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
Less than 11k miles, no launches and my BFI stage 2 trans mount is failing. The beveled/flush Allen bolt prevents any torque being applied. As a result the bolt comes loose if you flex the mount with your hand. This causes excess wear on the inserts and developed a crack. BFI needs to go back to the flanged bolt design and this issue won't happen.
3A85C591-1DB2-4DF4-830E-C167D1A2F6E1.jpeg

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI 10 MZ3
Less than 11k miles, no launches and my BFI stage 2 trans mount is failing. The beveled/flush Allen bolt prevents any torque being applied. As a result the bolt comes loose if you flex the mount with your hand. This causes excess wear on the inserts and developed a crack. BFI needs to go back to the flanged bolt design and this issue won't happen.
Wow, that's not good. How did you discover it?

nok513

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
View attachment 257213
What made you take it out? Did you feel like something was off while driving?

After doing an oil change, I saw my BFI Stage 1 insert was all torn up.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
View attachment 257213
Did you contact BFI?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
I dried its tears for not having a mod done in months….or having a bbk

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
I noticed it when doing my transmission swap. As I was unbolting the mount from the transmission it was obvious it was loose. I had a light metallic click/tap noise that I assumed was a BC upper strut mount; turns out it was this transmission mount since new. The noise was the top plate of the mount tapping the bolt. I'm lucky it didn't come completely loose at speed! My Golf motor mount is the original flanged head design and was/is still tight. My wagon has the flush mount allen bolts on both engine and transmission mounts. Both are loose after roughly 10k miles. I understand BFI changed the design to look better, but now they don't function.

I reached out to BFI; currently awaiting a response. Hoping they will provide me with original style top plates and I can send it. If not I may be changing up to VWR mounts.

Original mount with flange head bolt (this mount is loose to make my transmission swap easier I'll take a better reference picture ASAP)
F5476D07-5911-4AC6-B4C6-91024DE30C10.jpeg

V2 mount with flush mount Allen bolt. Note the gap between the middle plate and lower insert.
707DE923-7029-48A3-B109-AB7F52501FA6.jpeg

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
i for once haven't been very busy on my car lately either. big list of things i want to do, but havent had the cash to any of it.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
go try doing donuts in a dry parking lot and report back!

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
What's you thoughts on it so far?

Honestly I really felt weird walking into a shop, and 30 minutes later walking out after paying and “hoping” it’s legit been done. I have trust issues.

But the shop is reputable…

I probably won’t really be able to notice until after another race event or two. I’m hoping this finishes the car off as far as what I’ve done to it to give me that last little competitive edge.