GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

tmw2442

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 R
Compression test, all cylinders around 185ish psi. Just ticked over 80k miles not long ago.
Nice, you have to correct for elevation...but I believe anything at or above 190 is considered within spec for "new" by VW.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
Nice, you have to correct for elevation...but I believe anything at or above 190 is considered within spec for "new" by VW.
Only 400ft above sea level.

VW spec is 160-203psi for "New"

Cylinder pressures.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 VW Golf R

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 R
Had the stock exhaust put back in. 😲 Ignore the dog hair. :oops:
1659384901001.png

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 R

nimonery

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 A3
Hope its not too blasphemous to still post here but I suppose it is an EA888 Gen 3 MQB... after almost 2 yrs & 20k miles stock on the A3 starting to get that mod itch again... :oops:

APR Open PEX Intake System For VW/Audi 1.8T/2.0T EA888 Gen 3 MQB

IMG_6134.JPG

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
actually driving the GTI since it’s so hot out here right now. It’s been like 105-108 every day for last 3 weeks.

I guess the VW dealer thinks I should drive it more also, they said I can save now on my overdue 60k mile service, lol. The car still has 48k miles, about 4K miles on it since I bought it a bit over a year ago.

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
Hope its not too blasphemous to still post here but I suppose it is an EA888 Gen 3 MQB... after almost 2 yrs & 20k miles stock on the A3 starting to get that mod itch again... :oops:

APR Open PEX Intake System For VW/Audi 1.8T/2.0T EA888 Gen 3 MQB

View attachment 257025
you had to buy the secondary filter separate or yours came with? can you take a closer picture of how you zip tied yours off so I can copy your neat solution when I do this

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 VW Golf R

nimonery

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 A3
you had to buy the secondary filter separate or yours came with? can you take a closer picture of how you zip tied yours off so I can copy your neat solution when I do this

Secondary air filter was sold separate. Also APR brand. Its a pretty easy zip tie just to the large coolant line running right in front of the intake.

Honestly the install was shockingly easy. Not even a single screw had to be undone. The intake is held down with rubber grommets so you literally just yank the old one off and pop this one on.