GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI/'29 Ford
other than maybe some NVH from the compressor
this is my next proj as mine is bolted to a wooden subfloor resting on the metal, so the vibrations are insane...thinking some dynamat or something...anything. it's bad

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
The superlow bags are a different experience than all the other typical bag setups currently available as they where build to be focused on performance and low driving they in-house dyno thier Struts to match the air spring rates best they can with performance prioritized over air… unfortunately by the nature of a air spring it’s always going to be progressive even a sleeved set up, and when it comes to the common preferred track setup though linear is better and consistent.

As far as something like a street setup, these new super lows feel like my fortune 510s on the Tiguan as far as being very composed with hard driving but not nearly as stiff when doing slow driving.

My setup for a air car is somewhat uncommon for most airride guys too in realty as I run a more performance oriented alignment setting, 200TW tires on all 4 corners daily, upgraded bushing, both front and rear sway bars and all the silly little body braces - so it’s not going to feel like most others that are referenced.

Because I just love the looks of slammed stanced cars but still want the car to perform well I’ve tried (and run though money tested “versions” of the give n take) I know my setup isn’t ideal for either side of the spectrum of perf/looks and I’m fine with that as I’m just chasing a balance of the 2.

With my old bags @BadHombre760 can attest to how they feel and drive comfort wise as he drove my car with out me even telling him it was on air 😅

*For the build thread content *
View attachment 255734
Show us what's under the skirt.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI/'29 Ford
Yup…have those…. It’s the bolt head that sticks out beyond the wooden floor that’s causing the noise

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Show us what's under the skirt.
Hairless with the golfdave treatment
DABFE9BA-E6D5-4EC3-952A-55CB33AA9BD7.jpeg

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
this is my next proj as mine is bolted to a wooden subfloor resting on the metal, so the vibrations are insane...thinking some dynamat or something...anything. it's bad

I used a set of this isolators to mount my pressure washer to the wall. They do a decent job at isolating a lot of the vibrations that used to be felt inside the house.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI/'29 Ford
I used a set of this isolators to mount my pressure washer to the wall. They do a decent job at isolating a lot of the vibrations that used to be felt inside the house.
yeah thanks for that! I have those between my compressor and the wooden subfloor. It's the bolt head UNDER the subfloor I think that is vibrating

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
yeah thanks for that! I have those between my compressor and the wooden subfloor. It's the bolt head UNDER the subfloor I think that is vibrating
Just install stage 2 mounts and forget about it.