GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
They promised no mark up, no dealer options, no additional warranties, insurances, or services.
From experience, Audi and most VW dealers are big on this... one of the few that I seen actually selling at MSRP during this mess of economy we are dealing with.

I wanted no dealer options on my wife's SQ5, but they "sold her" on the front PPF... and she always gets the maintenance for the duration of the factory warranty. The dealership has only received one RS3 in Turbo Blue, no S3's and I asked a friend that still works there to check the incoming and there are no S3's coming in in the next 4 months... while I want the RS3, I'm more than happy with the S3 right now, and I am even considering an R. I just want to move out of the FWD into an AWD car, and the 3 VW dealerships close to me don't have any DSG R coming in either. The list for S3's is about 10 people right now, but I will probably order mine once I decide to trade. There is not much difference between a Prestige S3 and the base RS3, but all the extras in the S3 are appealing to me, since I don't see me tracking or using the full potential of the RS3 at all.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Got the rear superlow kit installed, it utilizes the stock lower arms so I was able to finally use my mk8 aero covers also. Rides so much better with these smaller bags and stiffer struts, not as “comfy” as the bigger bags but that was expected cause I wanted it to perform better will still driving at a low height.

Dropped 2.4lbs per side also by going back to the stamped arms.
95BED405-873D-4873-890D-686904BA7826.jpeg
9213D9F2-B61D-4D08-899A-A77804598967.jpeg

Strut bodies are larger and longer than the airlift performance ones also.
23CE1F54-F333-4B13-92D1-844FE195F9CB.jpeg

Also installed the rear studs while I was at it.
310ED646-C948-4013-8C91-8A98BF1E1936.jpeg

This is the pretty low ride height with the bag pressures at their recommend range 51psi fronts and 61 rears (doesn’t bottom out when hitting bumps or rub) old setup would not survive any bumpy roads at this height cause they had to soft and it made for a really bad bias of spring rates from the back to front since backs would be super soft causing lots of front end push . Also had to switch back to a skinnier tire up front to drive this low though as the 265s ballooned too much and wouldn’t clear the fenders after alignment I’ll dial back in the wheel fitment too.
*vdirty car 😂

6B4330AE-4DF6-477E-AA5F-BB20874CEA62.jpeg

BIGTom

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Got the rear superlow kit installed, it utilizes the stock lower arms so I was able to finally use my mk8 aero covers also. Rides so much better with these smaller bags and stiffer struts, not as “comfy” as the bigger bags but that was expected cause I wanted it to perform better will still driving at a low height.

View attachment 255678View attachment 255677

View attachment 255676

View attachment 255675

This is the pretty low ride height with the bag pressures at their recommend range 51psi fronts and 61 rears (doesn’t bottom out when hitting bumps or rub) old setup would not survive any bumpy roads at this height cause they had to soft and it made for a really bad bias of spring rates from the back to front since backs would be super soft causing lots of front end push . Also had to switch back to a skinnier tire up front to drive this low though as the 265s ballooned too much and wouldn’t clear the fenders after alignment I’ll dial back in the wheel fitment too.
*vdirty car 😂

View attachment 255679
Your GTI looks so good man, I love it
Edit: Do you have a build thread?

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch

View attachment 255678View attachment 255677

View attachment 255676

View attachment 255675

*vdirty car 😂

View attachment 255679
that new exhaust installed yet?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Your GTI looks so good man, I love it
Edit: Do you have a build thread?
Thanks, I don’t have a build thread- just lots of update posts through out this thread, lol.

My cars IG in my signature has a backdated journal I try to update but it’s 90% missing how the car sits today lol.
that new exhaust installed yet?
Hell no, haven’t done anything beyond collected all the parts needed to fab it up. My buddy that’s going to do all the welding has been super busy with his day job so we haven’t even started the process. If I stick to my typical modding pattern maybe in another 8 months you’ll see the new exhaust completed 😂

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
you need a build thread for those of us that don't know how to/don't want to go on IG

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
This is his build thread.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I've never ridden in a bagged GTI, are bags any good performance-wise?
They can be, just depends on which set you get (dampening vs non-dampening). If I were tracking, personally, I’d go with coils…. It’s really hard to match bag psi with spring rates. Daily driving like I do, with spirited thrown in, they do great

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
every time I rode in my friends bagged mk5 golf every time he hit the slightest bump in the road it sounded like his car was breaking

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
every time I rode in my friends bagged mk5 golf every time he hit the slightest bump in the road it sounded like his car was breaking
he had a bad set up or bad components. My ride handles potholes, speed bumps and everything else as good or better than my last set of coils.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I've never ridden in a bagged GTI, are bags any good performance-wise?
Out of all of my local GTI buddies, I'm the only one that's not on bags so I've had the chance to have a good amount of seat time to compare how they ride vs. my B16's. IMO, for performance, coilovers are the better choice, but the difference isn't as significant as some make it out to be especially for a car driven 99% of the time on the street.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
The superlow bags are a different experience than all the other typical bag setups currently available as they where build to be focused on performance and low driving they in-house dyno thier Struts to match the air spring rates best they can with performance prioritized over air… unfortunately by the nature of a air spring it’s always going to be progressive even a sleeved set up, and when it comes to the common preferred track setup though linear is better and consistent.

As far as something like a street setup, these new super lows feel like my fortune 510s on the Tiguan as far as being very composed with hard driving but not nearly as stiff when doing slow driving.

My setup for a air car is somewhat uncommon for most airride guys too in realty as I run a more performance oriented alignment setting, 200TW tires on all 4 corners daily, upgraded bushing, both front and rear sway bars and all the silly little body braces - so it’s not going to feel like most others that are referenced.

Because I just love the looks of slammed stanced cars but still want the car to perform well I’ve tried (and run though money tested “versions” of the give n take) I know my setup isn’t ideal for either side of the spectrum of perf/looks and I’m fine with that as I’m just chasing a balance of the 2.

With my old bags @BadHombre760 can attest to how they feel and drive comfort wise as he drove my car with out me even telling him it was on air 😅

*For the build thread content *
61B7D2FB-F9A4-45D8-86D4-53204526514A.jpeg

Last edited:

FooDogg

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 Alltrack S 6MT
The superlow bags are a different experience than all the other typical bag setups currently available as they where build to be focused on performance and low driving they in-house dyno thier Struts to match the air spring rates best they can with performance prioritized over air… unfortunately by the nature of a air spring it’s always going to be progressive even a sleeved set up, and when it comes to the common preferred track setup though linear is better and consistent.

As far as something like a street setup, these new super lows feel like my fortune 510s on the Tiguan as far as being very composed with hard driving but not nearly as stiff then doing slow driving.

My setup for a air car is somewhat uncommon for most airride guys too in realty as I run a more performance oriented alignment setting, 200TW tires on all 4 corners daily, upgraded bushing, both front and rear sway bars and all the silly little body braces - so it’s not going to feel like most others that are referenced.

Because I just love the looks of slammed stanced cars but still want the car to perform well I’ve tried (and run though money tested “versions” of the give n take) I know my setup isn’t ideal for either side of the spectrum of perf/looks and I’m fine with that as I’m just chasing a balance of the 2.

With my old bags @BadHombre760 can attest to how they feel and drive comfort wise as he drove my car with out me even telling him it was on air 😅
Good explanation.
Bottomline for purists:
"unfortunately by the nature of a air spring it’s always going to be progressive even a sleeved set up, and when it comes to the common preferred track setup though linear is better and consistent."

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch

As far as something like a street setup, these new super lows feel like my fortune 510s on the Tiguan as far as being very composed with hard driving but not nearly as stiff then doing slow driving.

*For the build thread content *
View attachment 255734
ya the few times I've either driven/rode in your car, as far as comfort goes, I never noticed any real difference compared to stock other than maybe some NVH from the compressor