GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
i mean technically the bird is still in 1st, so who's the real winner?
Technically you have to be alive to receive the prize…. Put a little too much trust in his wing speed

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
That's exactly what I want, to be able to overtake without sounding like a fast and the furious movie.
Honestly the GTI stands well on it's own in this regard without mods. EQT Stage 1 was a monstrous improvement however, and doesn't require anything as far as extra noisy hardware. Powerflex hybrid insert is a great mod as well and doesn't make the car awful to drive day-to-day (I'm 6MT though, if you're DSG you may have a bit more vibration).

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
Honestly the GTI stands well on it's own in this regard without mods. EQT Stage 1 was a monstrous improvement however, and doesn't require anything as far as extra noisy hardware. Powerflex hybrid insert is a great mod as well and doesn't make the car awful to drive day-to-day (I'm 6MT though, if you're DSG you may have a bit more vibration).
As someone who had the powerflex hybrid in my DSG, 2/10 wouldnt do again.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
As someone who had the powerflex hybrid in my DSG, 2/10 wouldnt do again.
Curious if you tried raising the idle
I've often heard raising the idle can smooth out vibration. I had a BFI stage 1 insert in the dogbone on my mk4 with an auto, and it was definitely more NVH than factory, but I didn't find it to be unbearable. Then again, my exposure to upgraded mounts was in the form of solid rattle-your-teeth-loose mounts, so I may have a slightly different barometer for what I consider acceptable than others.

The hybrid insert does (in my experience) require you to cut the factory insert, so be aware if you wish to go back that you will likely need to purchase another lower mount insert. YMMV.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Oh I have all that

Powerflex hybrid
BFI mounts
Eqt stage 2
Unitronic full IC
DP w/ GESI cat
IE V2 intake
SBS2

It's the borla catback that needs to go. Rather blow by people with a hiss and a sing than a exploding exhaust.

Last edited:

mpm824

Ready to race!
Car(s)
15' GTI
Macan caliper upgrade with neuspeed 2 piece rotors and SS lines / 10mm on oem Prets
6C8B0D67-1282-4A52-9B72-72D5097E6158.jpeg

Attachments

• C37617E3-3896-4655-9E47-AEEC2DB10A07.jpeg
    C37617E3-3896-4655-9E47-AEEC2DB10A07.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 52

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
^ you son of a .......man that looks good

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Haha thanks man I appreciate it! It’s a great upgrade! highly recommend it!!

I want to like it but can't for the simple fact it still says PORSCHE while on a VW :ROFLMAO: