GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
Did you do the zip tie mod for connector?
No I figured that is an okay fail point. The fact that the actual holder failed and it didn't just fall out makes me worry about heat making the part brittle.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Zip tie it otherwise it's likely to break again. Bodyshop had replaced mine without the ziptie and it later broke, the dealer informed me the body shop f'ed up by not using one ($300 repair covered by geico since they honor the work)

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
So close, woke up at 5am to get some hours in this morning before taking the kids to the local BMX pump track, then my real job.

52+ hours including the fixtures, all in I’ll probably have about 60 (still need to wire the valve controller).
9401DCEF-86B0-4B1A-BFE5-D45DED7D1077.jpeg
6DDE5F7B-8429-4071-9152-86BC0FC1386E.jpeg
FECF756D-F4B5-4E6F-9E25-F9EAEDEF3909.jpeg
097EE7F7-F512-4526-A707-9D38207C87E4.jpeg

It’s been fun, but man am I ready for some simple GTI parts lol

JTM88

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI
Installed my Majesty Intercooler. It went pretty smoothly. I couldn't get the ambient air temp sensor to fit in the mounting hole so I zip-tied it to the radiator I'll need to relocate it as it's reading high.

Power seems much more consistent on consecutive pulls, especially since it's in the mid-90s already.

I'm not sure if it's just in my head, but it also seems like the turbo noises are louder.

Gray_Panther

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
GTi
Finally starting on my suspension refresh with bilstein+H&R oe sport springs.
Decided to start on the back since it’s only six bolts and the wheel liner. So far been only been able to remove the wheel liner and evap tank.
The actual suspension…….**** rust!!!!
Waiting on the wd-40 to soak in to crack all these bolts loose!

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Wife's Tiguan didn't pass inspection (at a VW dealership) solely because her control arm bushing were worn. I've never heard of that before. I feel like any non-VW dealership shop would have passed it, but she had a coupon for the dealership.

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
Wife's Tiguan didn't pass inspection (at a VW dealership) solely because her control arm bushing were worn. I've never heard of that before. I feel like any non-VW dealership shop would have passed it, but she had a coupon for the dealership.
scrub them down, wipe them with silicone spray so they look new, and bring it back and tell them you changed them yourself. See if they call your bluff 😅

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
I recently added an "AAWireless" adapter by Indiegogo. It allows me to run Android Auto without a wired data connection to my phone. The small module hides away in my center console, even behind my cramped door...

I LOVE IT! My only gripe about this device is that it acts as a WiFi access point and requires both a Bluetooth and WiFi connection. That's okay for most, but I also have a need to run a mobile hotspot, which my phone cannot do while accessing a WiFi network. So, I added a wireless hotspot to my wireless plan. My choice of hotspot is hidden, accessible, and within working range of the interior WeBoost antenna, if I need a boost. I have a Raspberry Pi that's connected directly to the hotspot via Ethernet cable.

I finalized its installation today. Everything seems to work very well! Here's an updated functional block diagram (CLICK HERE to see a larger version)...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I recently added an "AAWireless" adapter by Indiegogo. It allows me to run Android Auto without a wired data connection to my phone. The small module hides away in my center console, even behind my cramped door...

I LOVE IT! My only gripe about this device is that it acts as a WiFi access point and requires both a Bluetooth and WiFi connection. That's okay for most, but I also have a need to run a mobile hotspot, which my phone cannot do while accessing a WiFi network. So, I added a wireless hotspot to my wireless plan. My choice of hotspot is hidden, accessible, and within working range of the interior WeBoost antenna, if I need a boost. I have a Raspberry Pi that's connected directly to the hotspot via Ethernet cable.

I finalized its installation today. Everything seems to work very well! Here's an updated functional block diagram (CLICK HERE to see a larger version)...

Have had mine (AA Wireless) for a bit over a year, love it. Is a little annoying about the hotspot. There's a Motorola version out now, I don't know how it works, but I imagine it does it the same way.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
My choice of hotspot is hidden, accessible, and within working range of the interior WeBoost antenna, if I need a boost.
You mean physically hidden, or you hid the SSID? If the latter, you're going to want to unhide that. Devices connected to a hidden wifi network have to constantly re-ping that network to ensure they're still connected. Puts a significant drain on battery life (say for a cell phone).