GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
A quick wash, and put the APR intake back on to celebrate the first day of spring.

Please don't snow again.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I love the logo swap! I wonder if it's possible on GTI's
Not using this one… there maybe other ones that could work but the GTi is unique due to the way it attaches also it’s a different size and thickness for the shape of the hatch
7DDA60D4-E442-4D3D-B699-49DD08195C88.jpeg

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Cleaned it up for Richmond Cars and Coffee Saturday. Took off the "Golf" and "TSI" badges...left "4Motion" (and Unitronic stage badge) because its cool to have a weird car and I want folks to know it 🤣. Replaced the ratchet coolant hose bracket on the bottom that secures that hose to the charge pipe....it was broken and crap like that drives me nuts. Logged it.
20220319_074327.jpg

20220319_074336.jpg

Last edited:

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Changed out the water pump (46K miles). Had a slow leak a couple months, got worse last week. While I was at it adjusted the IC; I have the eBay special and it did not fit well. The union joint is a b!tch to line up.

Attachments

• C51D9D9A-0EBE-4356-93D3-E1995A45AA8C.jpeg
    C51D9D9A-0EBE-4356-93D3-E1995A45AA8C.jpeg
    28.7 KB · Views: 49

JL33T

Ready to race!
Installed a diesel geek sigma six short throw shifter a few days ago. Initial reaction was not positive. Under moderate- heavy acceleration the increased shifting effort made me feel like I was going to break something, like I was forcing it into gear. That coupled with the fact that it’s sooo short it almost feel like it’s not fully into gear during shifts. 3 days in and It’s growing in me. Diesel geek says give it a week and it should get better. Hoping that’s true.

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
Installed a diesel geek sigma six short throw shifter a few days ago. Initial reaction was not positive. Under moderate- heavy acceleration the increased shifting effort made me feel like I was going to break something, like I was forcing it into gear. That coupled with the fact that it’s sooo short it almost feel like it’s not fully into gear during shifts. 3 days in and It’s growing in me. Diesel geek says give it a week and it should get better. Hoping that’s true.
I installed on one my mk3 a long time ago and felt the same way. I added a heavy shift knob and it felt much better after.

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
You lose leverage as well as the counterweight thing that hangs way off the stock shifter piece, so that makes it harder to cruise through neutral to the next gear. I have an HPA short shifter which has the stock style weight on it but I still hate it in the shorter of the 2 positions you can set it to. The longer position is just right.