GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Is there a way to check injectors without having to pull them for a flow test? Anything in VCDS or otherwise one can look at? Don't know why, but I swear I want to blame my poor MPG (20 around town, but I do short trips too) on an injector. I'm sure it's just the tune, short trips, and my driving style as I've averaged 28 to and from Las Vegas with mainly highway and some mixed driving getting to the freeway and rest stops.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I kept getting a code for cylinder 1 injector. I don’t have the car as of yet. However, injector 1 tip had a good amount of carbon build up compared to the other. I decided to replace all 4 to prevent having a bad injector in the future & I couldn’t b without a car to get the injectors cleaned.
Do you know if they were replaced with p/n 06A906036Q?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Lateral g's and rotation is where it's at, man. Lol.

Found a local shop that my want to sponsor, but they can only get Clutch Master clutches. I've not heard good things about them in the mk7. What do you think?
They're willing to put their reputation on the line so go for it and good luck.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
They're willing to put their reputation on the line so go for it and good luck.

I don't think they're willing to pay for a new engine, just a clutch.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Yeah.

I just realized, on FCP it says made in Mexico but mine were made in the US.
FCP probably just has it listed wrong on their site.
& Why you ask?
They ain't cheap ($250 each) and I'm not sure anyone (at least on this site) has identified what was actually revised. The Golf R injectors from the same year are like $100 each.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Lateral g's and rotation is where it's at, man. Lol.

Found a local shop that my want to sponsor, but they can only get Clutch Master clutches. I've not heard good things about them in the mk7. What do you think?
No clue man - I just bang the Southbend Stage 3 daily drum cause that's all I've ever experienced on this platform and I love it.

Don't worry about crank walk, you have a 7.5 and odds of it happening at all are very slim. Roll the dice.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
No clue man - I just bang the Southbend Stage 3 daily drum cause that's all I've ever experienced on this platform and I love it.

Don't worry about crank walk, you have a 7.5 and odds of it happening at all are very slim. Roll the dice.

Cool. I guess I could always just get a used engine if it dies.

tigeo

Autocross Champion

tigeo

Autocross Champion

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I agree they ain’t cheap. At least I got the FCP warranty.
If I had an issue with one injector and couldn't have the car down to have the other three cleaned, I would have done the same thing and replaced all four.