GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
My horn yee’d it’s last haw this morning. 115k miles, RIP.

Anyone ditch OEM for hella? I’ll buy the stock ones if you’ve got them. I can’t see spending the time to build a harness for Hella or paying $100 each for new OEM

UNBROKEN

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
Did the air inlet mod. Made sense after seeing the path incoming air takes to the airbox. Took all of 20 minutes and it free…

Attachments

• E2ECC043-4B24-4535-A558-48A5711AAD59.jpeg
    E2ECC043-4B24-4535-A558-48A5711AAD59.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 92
  • 2C153D95-A261-43EB-9C47-3EAA008EBFCC.jpeg
    2C153D95-A261-43EB-9C47-3EAA008EBFCC.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 92

StockblockGLI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GLI
Intrigued by these adjustments. Anybody know how to mess w this stuff with vagcom?

It is super simple with the OBD11, not sure about Vagcom but it was all under adaptations. In brakes, under rough road optimization you just click "not_activated". In the VAQ adaptation acoustic measure wiring logic you change the value from standard to increased. The other two are under power steering adaptations, switching driving profile, then select direct vs incremental.

helushune

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6MT
Intrigued by these adjustments. Anybody know how to mess w this stuff with vagcom?
Looking up the obdeleven adaptation/coding should translate pretty straightforward to vagcom.

From my obdeleven notes-
Code:
  * Increased Haldex/VAQ engagement
    - Control Units > Lock Electronics > Adaptation > Acoustic measure, wiring logic > Increased traction
      * Default is "Standard"
  * Accelerator/throttle response
    - Control Units > Steering Assist > Adaptation > Driving Profile Switchover
      * Default is "Incremental, controlled over time"
      * Set to "Direct, controlled over threshold value"
  * Disabled "Vibration Reduction" and checked Torque Limitation
    - Control Units > Brake > Adaptation > Starting Vibration Reduction
     - Set Starting Vibration Reduction from "Strong" to "Deactivated"
     - Torque Limitation is already set to Deactivated

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
My horn yee’d it’s last haw this morning. 115k miles, RIP.

Anyone ditch OEM for hella? I’ll buy the stock ones if you’ve got them. I can’t see spending the time to build a harness for Hella or paying $100 each for new OEM
I think the way the Hella mounts it blocks the airflow into the upper or lower grill.. I recall reading a thread on the swaps and possible airflow issues.

Edit: Yeah, blocks the upper grill it looks like:
1643593812959.png

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
I think the way the Hella mounts it blocks the airflow into the upper or lower grill.. I recall reading a thread on the swaps and possible airflow issues.

Edit: Yeah, blocks the upper grill it looks like:
View attachment 237486
I know that’s the “cool” way because they’re visible there, but why not just mount them where the stock ones go if there are airflow concerns?

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
I know that’s the “cool” way because they’re visible there, but why not just mount them where the stock ones go if there are airflow concerns?
Don't think they'll fit in the stock locations, which is why most places come with a kit with new mounts. A quick google isn't coming up with stock location mounts, all upper grille.

Horns are different lay out from stock:
1643594401561.png