GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
guys, I blew one of speakers. I was listening to music, guess the song had to much bass and all I heard was a pop and the audio sounded distorted, no bass at all. Now it sounds bad and weak. How serious of a job this is and buying parts? Can't believe this happened.

Here's what I did below, but your mk7 has components in the rear, not coaxials like my mk7.5.

Because these aftermarket speakers are much higher sensitivity, they are louder than the stock speakers, even at only 50% volume.

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...system-with-jl-c1-650-and-jbl-gto-629.374814/

Last edited:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
finally put the EQT order in for an upgraded hpfp tune....they don't have that option in the drop downs, so had to talk with Jesse to tag Cooper to make sure the order is right.

Deathbyart

Go Kart Newbie
I'd say get some Rivet Nuts and never deal with drilling out speaker rivets again.

The Helix sub/dsp is great; you can do a lot worse for more money. It was one of the first things I did to my GTI after being spoiled by Dynaudio in a Mk6 and being very underwhelmed with the stock system in the Mk7. VW also tends to run rebates quarterly for accessories which can help mitigate the cost further.
I didn't realize how spoiled I was until I went from the MK6 with Dynaudio to the MK7.5.

I need that Helix bad..the stereo is so lifeless

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I didn't realize how spoiled I was until I went from the MK6 with Dynaudio to the MK7.5.

I need that Helix bad..the stereo is so lifeless
Just add a sub, amp and lc2i…. Done

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Finally got my $12 AliExpress auto-off reversal cord (or whatever you wanna call it) in the mail. Now the system is off by default but I’m already used to hitting the button every time I get in, so I’ll probably keep hitting it and turn it back on every time.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Finally got my $12 AliExpress auto-off reversal cord (or whatever you wanna call it) in the mail. Now the system is off by default but I’m already used to hitting the button every time I get in, so I’ll probably keep hitting it and turn it back on every time.
haha,

you'll get used to it and forget now the car even has the feature! I only drive the Tiguan like 2-3 times throughout the week and I've forgot already, lol.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech

haha,

you'll get used to it and forget now the car even has the feature! I only drive the Tiguan like 2-3 times throughout the week and I've forgot already, lol.
This can’t be done by unplugging the connector at the battery?

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
that's what they say. I didn't bother using that method though. i also didn't pay the extra for the B2b kit and got the cheap China version.
You have a link for it? Should work for Atlas.

Anthony3o55

Autocross Champion
Got out of work and now I have bass, music sounds better tfg. I honestly have no knowledge in speakers at all. I don’t feel comfortable enough to be pulling trims myself and snap clips. The good thing is the speakers sound better. Could be better tho. Wish the standard speakers came with better audio quality. Ran OBD11 and got this.

EDIT: Its F’d again. Looks like it’s something that’s gonna b on & off until I fix it

0AE8D076-336E-435E-8EA4-429CC105A1CE.png

Last edited: