GTI Sport | Audi A3
Installed some Naws,
F6C918DC-679E-4120-9DDB-35207D6DCD7C.jpeg

Last edited:

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
front wheels not mounted yet, but otherwise finished installing ARM Motorsports FMiC.

Sportwagen lower grills not as cool as GTI.

Install took.awhile for me. Spent some time mangling the horn brackets to flip and point them forward. Also the euro engine underpanel is a casualty as the brackets get in the way of charge pipes. Oh well.

Attachments

• PXL_20220125_025613878.jpg
    PXL_20220125_025613878.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 54

Nuje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
One of the big upsides of Milwaukee for me, has been that they have exploded parts diagrams (with part numbers) of all of their tools, so that if/when something does wear out (happened to my M12 ⅜" ratchet head, and brushes on M18 ¼" impact), getting the right replacement part is dead-simple.
With my impact, I needed it *NOW* when the brushes died, and was frustrated that it was going to be a couple weeks+ to get the replacement part (joys of living outside a major centre, and in Canada). Then was looking at the drill that came as part of the kit that started me on my Milwaukee path and thought....hmmm.....those look rather similar. And sure enough, the brushes on that continue to reside in my impact, and i just put the replacement brush kit in the drill when it finally showed up.

As a bonus, the tools themselves seem to be engineered to be taken apart: Easy access screws holding everything together, instead of clips, epoxy, or whatever.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
front wheels not mounted yet, but otherwise finished installing ARM Motorsports FMiC.

Sportwagen lower grills not as cool as GTI.

Install took.awhile for me. Spent some time mangling the horn brackets to flip and point them forward. Also the euro engine underpanel is a casualty as the brackets get in the way of charge pipes. Oh well.
Don't believe you can run a upgraded under shield with any FMIC on the MK7. Look forward to hearing your thoughts on the install once you get a chance to drive it.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Guess I'll join the party. Have a lot of Ryobi cordless stuff because I was gifted a starter set drill/impact driver when I bought my first condo. Not the flashiest but it's never not be able to get done what I needed done. Probably have a dozen or more tools from lawn care to lights and they all work, bonus points because I also have their stick vacuum which keeps a battery topped off at all times so if I ever lost power I could very easily swap it into a light or a fan or an inverter or if I felt like trimming hedges I could do that too. I have the Milwaukee 3/8 impact and the ratchet for automotive stuff. I really like how small and light they can be with the 2.0ah batteries, got em on special from HD and have never looked back. Getting ready to redo out master bathroom, ripping out a stall shower and converting to a linen closet, so we'll see how well the Ryobi stuff performs.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
More detail about this will go in my pre-facelift OEM RGB lighting thread... but the short-ish version is that my (our) pre-facelift BCM's are capable of at least some type of LIN bus lighting control, which is necessary for RGB lighting. I have not figured out the LIN groups/modules yet and I am not (yet) able to control brightness or color from the Infotainment screen.

As for progress, tonight I was able to get an RGB module to light up via LIN bus control (the light always has 12V/ground) and that's a step in the right direction. It fades on when the doors are unlocked and fades off when the doors are locked, which is also good. As I'm typing this it occurs to me that most of my "testing" was done with the driver door open. There is an adaptation for brightness with door open so it's possible that was overriding any brightness adjustment I tried via the infotainment slider. However, I don't think having the door open explains my not being able to change color.

And ignore my footwell lights in this picture. They are DeAutoKey RGB footwells (the type that you change with the little remote) and are wired to a BCM light channel, as per OEM non-RGB footwell installation. I have always had them set to red. It is just coincidence that the ambient light infotainment screen is set to Red.

And that which we care about as usual, pics...
PXL_20220125_055758829.MP.jpg
PXL_20220125_055807897.MP.jpg

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
Don't believe you can run a upgraded under shield with any FMIC on the MK7. Look forward to hearing your thoughts on the install once you get a chance to drive it.
yeah I shoulda saw that coming, no regrets. driving it in 45F with.few places to log around Atlanta, hard to tell much. I'll have more meaningful data.when it gets warmer and AX. For now, it's a real pretty bug catcher.

parapraxis24

Vdubber
Car(s)
MK7.5 Autobahn DSG
Cabin air filter replacement.

Of course the previous person who did the replacement installed that one upside down :rolleyes:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
washed her in 43 degree weather......using warm water from the kitchen in the bucket....just in time to see the outlook show snow in 3 days....smh

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
But those maintenance washes are what make cleaning the snow sh*t off easier.
Incredibly true. Just want her clean for a little while. Especially the wheels….I hate dirty wheels