GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Ace92028

Go Kart Newbie
Got a redlight ticket this morning coming to work, was going with the flow of traffic trying to get through the yellow and of coarse a cop pulls me over. No speeding or anything reckless, just got my license, insurance, and registration. Took 15 minutes and came back with a ticket...looked it up and its $490! :O

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Shit. Usually they will lower it at a lot when you show up to your court date. I think mine was like 500$ in OC years ago and ended up paying only like 200$.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Got a redlight ticket this morning coming to work, was going with the flow of traffic trying to get through the yellow and of coarse a cop pulls me over. No speeding or anything reckless, just got my license, insurance, and registration. Took 15 minutes and came back with a ticket...looked it up and its $490! :O
Good grief.
Shit. Usually they will lower it at a lot when you show up to your court date. I think mine was like 500$ in OC years ago and ended up paying only like 200$.
That is worth fighting.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn

Gotta have those excuses locked and loaded. "I only ran the light hoping that the person behind me would stop. They've been tailgating me and flashing their high beams at me for miles. I tried to let them pass me, but they wouldn't."

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Gotta have those excuses locked and loaded. "I only ran the light hoping that the person behind me would stop. They've been tailgating me and flashing their high beams at me for miles. I tried to let them pass me, but they wouldn't."
Except it's not about safety, or the rules, it's literally only about getting those 5 bills outta his pocket.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Except it's not about safety, or the rules, it's literally only about getting those 5 bills outta his pocket.

I've used that exact excuse before, tweaked slightly, about how I was only driving a certain way because someone else was. It's worked. Can't guarantee it will every time though..

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion

Yup, also worth noting that with traffic tickets right now (at least in LA County)... at your first court date you will likely be informed that you're not going before a traffic court judge, but that you can schedule a date with the judge for the future. Or of course, as they would prefer, you can just pay the ticket. At your second date, which will probably be (more) months out, you can see the judge and then plead your case for a reduction.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
I have no idea how well this works, but Matt Farah has these guys as a sponsor. https://offtherecord.com/

Why would anyone pay anyone else to "reduce points" when just showing up yourself usually does that? I mean unless you were going 120 in a 20, a reduction of points is almost guaranteed. You can usually even get out of points all together by asking during the initial stop. "Yes officer, I admit I was speeding, and would appreciate a ticket with no points that I can just pay and be done with."

Last edited:

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Killing me. I have a Ridgid set and four good batteries. Their version of this compact 1/2" impact wrench is $125. I use the M12 stuff at work. The only thing I don't like about them is the drill chuck. Is this impact $60 better?
No idea honestly. I love the red team and it goes for sale very often on home depot. Rigid stuff has a good warranty, i dont know if I could justify switching teams and having to get new batteries and all that

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
With a swivel, I've been able to everything on the car with my Ryobi. I have no idea if it's better or worse, but I have so many of their tools and batteries, I wouldn't want to switch at this point. Tire inflator, leaf blower, hedge clippers, fan, impact, drill, impact drill, chain saw, circular saw, ratchet and a few others.