GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
found a new way to lower it. looks great and cheap!
PXL_20220117_145037360.jpg

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
You weren't able to do it with obd11?

Nope, I tried every which way I could within the settings and adaptations. About a year ago I received the same error message during a flash to my E30 tune. At that time I was able to recalibrate it through the basic settings. This time however I couldn't clear the code, or recalibrate as it kept saying a fault was detected. I dove into plenty of forum threads on the issue, and never found a solid fix. I did raise the car over the height of the EMD springs, not really enough to where I thought it would have been a problem.

Sometimes there's no way around the visit, at the expense of $215.

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S

rye0pa

Go Kart Newbie
First brake job I’ve done myself in like 15 years, and the first on my GTI. And I didn’t die on the test drive! 🏆

The fronts were surprisingly easy. TBD for the rears next weekend…
Make sure you have the triple square. And a turn in caliper tool for the rear.

helushune

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6MT
I'm a little concerned with the rears because there's just no room to do much of a turn with a breaker bar or torque wrench. TBD. Maybe it's one of those things that will work better once I actually get in there and do it.
Creative positions and wrenches with too many teeth. Could also be a wild Friday night.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
It's probably the completely wrong way to do it, but I always just smash my ratchet handle with a 4lb hammer with as much momentum as I can get (usually not much). A couple of whacks and the bolts are broken free.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
It's probably the completely wrong way to do it, but I always just smash my ratchet handle with a 4lb hammer with as much momentum as I can get (usually not much). A couple of whacks and the bolts are broken free.

And inevitably, you always have to smash your finger once.

helushune

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport 6MT
I hit them with an impact wrench. Essentially the same thing but I had to pay for the privilege.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I hit them with an impact wrench. Essentially the same thing but I had to pay for the privilege.

I only have a large electric impact, which won't fit for the brake bolts :(