GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Nerdy Oreo

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Gti S
what kind of 3-d printer are you using?
Prusa Mini and I printed it in PETG but I have a spool of ASA on the way. Printed at 100% infill for rigidity. It's fantastic

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
I got you, man. I should be doing the novice walk through and I'll help you get going. Don't be nervous, just have fun. I've been autocrossing and tracking for decades and I'm still mediocre. No one cares. Just have fun.
Oh I'm not really nervous. I'm super super super excited, actually. And I'm doing the class the day before. But I like to joke because I know it will be hilariously chaotic.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Oh I'm not really nervous. I'm super super super excited, actually. And I'm doing the class the day before. But I like to joke because I know it will be hilariously chaotic.

I might be instructing at the school too. I'll let you know. If not, I'll see you on the 6th.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Finally. Found, printed and Installed my ideal cobb AP mount!

Link to Mount STL File

Printed with Prusament PETG on the Prusa Mini. 100% infill for rigidity. I used strategically placed zip ties to hold it on because I wasn't able to get any tapes to stick to the PETG. Took 2 hours and 30 minutes. No supports. 5mm brim to make sure it stuck to the build plate. Using a Scosche Magicmount Magnetic dash mount to hold the Accessport. Have yet to run the wire. I plan on running it through the vent that this clips too. I will be reprinting this using ASA to make sure it doesn't warp during the summer or while cranking the heat during the winter
A+ on the coolness factor, but looks like a more complex pro-clips setup.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Finally. Found, printed and Installed my ideal cobb AP mount!

Link to Mount STL File

Printed with Prusament PETG on the Prusa Mini. 100% infill for rigidity. I used strategically placed zip ties to hold it on because I wasn't able to get any tapes to stick to the PETG. Took 2 hours and 30 minutes. No supports. 5mm brim to make sure it stuck to the build plate. Using a Scosche Magicmount Magnetic dash mount to hold the Accessport. Have yet to run the wire. I plan on running it through the vent that this clips too. I will be reprinting this using ASA to make sure it doesn't warp during the summer or while cranking the heat during the winter
Blocks that vent though, no?

TheMechanicDude

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
C66864AC-1745-4035-8FF0-72A9DF65638D.jpeg

fixed rear sway clunk. Regreased. Put spacer flush kit on. Drove around flat ass Florida for some on/off ramps while trying to beat the ternaders all over the place.

Old Subaru buddy “upgraded” to an R. Got to drive a manual car for the first time in 4-5 years. Sorta miss it.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
I made do with the fronts. I'm a little concerned with the rears because there's just no room to do much of a turn with a breaker bar or torque wrench. TBD. Maybe it's one of those things that will work better once I actually get in there and do it.

I used a 3" extension, a 6" extension, and a knuckle along with the triple square. It's a bitch for sure. The fronts were easier except for the carrier torque.