GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

HstephenG

Go Kart Champion
Took my GTI to the dealer to check out a crack in the sunroof housing. While there they offered me $29k for my car. It is a 2019 SE with only 13k miles. I would have to look at my records but I don't believe I paid much more than that (before taxes) new.
The GTI is my second car and so I wouldn't need to purchase "high".
Going to think on it this weekend and research a little more.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
^^^ They really are still desperate for cars to sell. I bought my GTI ~3-4 months ago and they were almost immediately trying to buy it back 😆 “Wait wait wait we could’ve sold it for more! Give it baaaaack!”

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
^^^ They really are still desperate for cars to sell. I bought my GTI ~3-4 months ago and they were almost immediately trying to buy it back 😆 “Wait wait wait we could’ve sold it for more! Give it baaaaack!”

They might even buy it back if it's not running. @Corprin will buy it for 4k over KBB if it's on fire.

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Depending on what's currently wrong with your car tell them you're ready to proceed on the buy back offer. 😂

Actually I'm hoping for a simple fix.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Depending on what's currently wrong with your car tell them you're ready to proceed on the buy back offer. 😂

Actually I'm hoping for a simple fix.

"On second thought, I've reconsidered your offer to buy back my GTI..."

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
looks cool! please post pics when installed
Installed AliExpress rear diffuser.
Before and after
IMG_8116.JPG
IMG_8118.JPG

Install was straight forward. Couple videos on YouTube to use as reference. Had to take off the plastic clips that held the OEM diffuser to the edge. The mouting holes on the end did not line up; I just used zip ties. There is some gap; but I got bumped 3x in the last year so my bumper is already jacked. Do not have the brake light connected. Was gonna just connect it with the 3rd brake light but I cant find any good info on it. Not looking to do the flashy-blinky module, just want it to work.

OEM clip removed. Left/driver side.
IMG_8119.JPG
IMG_8120.JPG

Couple more.
IMG_8122.JPG
IMG_8123.JPG
IMG_8124.JPG
IMG_8125.JPG

Last edited:

HstephenG

Go Kart Champion
Took my last ride in the GTI. $30k sale agreed with the dealer that we will complete on Tuesday.

Going to be taking off the odds and ends added to the car tomorrow. Will be doing separate "for sale" posts later but until then if anyone is interested in the following you are welcome to DM me (please don't clog this thread).

ECS 20/15 mm spacer kit (plus longer bolts)
Klii mk7 plaid license plate frame
Neuspeed Power Module
Eurocode front & rear brace
aFe air filter
OBDeleven
ECS center console insert
Some unused badgeskins stuff (wing mirror stripes, steering wheel and engine cover overlays - all red)

The car only has 13,000 miles. Most of the above was on for less than half of that.

This wasn't an easy decision but the offer was too good to turn down. Have a little one on the way too so having that cash close to hand will be nice to have.

Cheers!

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Took my last ride in the GTI. $30k sale agreed with the dealer that we will complete on Tuesday.

Going to be taking off the odds and ends added to the car tomorrow. Will be doing separate "for sale" posts later but until then if anyone is interested in the following you are welcome to DM me (please don't clog this thread).

ECS 20/15 mm spacer kit (plus longer bolts)
Klii mk7 plaid license plate frame
Neuspeed Power Module
Eurocode front & rear brace
aFe air filter
OBDeleven
ECS center console insert
Some unused badgeskins stuff (wing mirror stripes, steering wheel and engine cover overlays - all red)

The car only has 13,000 miles. Most of the above was on for less than half of that.

This wasn't an easy decision but the offer was too good to turn down. Have a little one on the way too so having that cash close to hand will be nice to have.

Cheers!
What are you replacing it with?

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
NO earthly idea what I did to it.

Pulling into my driveway, the car practically stalled, started making a terrible clunking/clacking noise and wouldn't move forward. Turned it off then tried to restart, clunk clunk clack clack nothing. EPC and check engine light came on. Was able to get it started again a few minutes later to at least pull into the driveway. Stalled again. Now turning the key the starter goes but the car doesn't turn over. Fuel smell. All the CELs. Well, it was fun 3 months with this car. F.

Car Scanner ELM OBD2
============1==============
P0301
Raw code: 0301
ECU: Engine control unit
OBDII: Cylinder 1 - misfire detected
Volkswagen: Cylinder 1 Misfire Detected

============2==============
P0304
Raw code: 0304
OBDII: Cylinder 4 - misfire detected
Volkswagen: Cylinder 4 Misfire Detected

============3==============
P0300
Raw code: 0300
OBDII: Random/multiple cylinder(s) - misfire detected
Volkswagen: Engine Misfire Detected

============4==============
P0302
Raw code: 0302
OBDII: Cylinder 2 - misfire detected
Volkswagen: Cylinder 2 Misfire Detected

============5==============
Raw code: 002A0B
ECU: 02. Transmission control unit
Volkswagen: P173400: Starter release from the selector lever sensor system

============6==============
Raw code: 003AE2
ECU: 01. Engine control unit
Status: Test failed, Pending, Test failed since last DTC clear, Test not completed during this operation cycle
Status bits: 1
Priority: 2
Frequency: 1
Unlearning index: 255
Odometer: 91896 km
Date, time: 2021.12.10 15:09:25
============7==============
Raw code: 003B15
Status: Test failed, Pending, Test failed since last DTC clear, Test not completed during this operation cycle
Date, time: 2021.12.10 15:09:18
============8==============
Raw code: 003B1E
============9==============
Raw code: 003B18
Date, time: 2021.12.10 15:09:25
============10==============
Raw code: 003B21

View attachment 232441
OK, so the dealership is looking at it now.

Advisor first called me and he says I think it's the battery, but I noted that the voltage was OK and it was cranking hard. Then he said I have 2 bad wheel speed sensors, which is weird to me since I didn't have any symptoms I would attribute to that. He asked me what codes I pulled but it seems like he would be able to see those...But I shared what I got. Then he started asking about the tune situation and said my spark plugs are gapped wrong and that's why I have misfires, which doesn't add up to me because I didn't have any misfires while actually driving, plus the APR stage 1 low torque should run just fine with the stock gap. But he's going to go over it with the tech some more because the tech didn't realize it had a tune on it again. (If you recall, I bought the car CPO with a tune. Dealership offered to take the tune off. I did, then eventually added back a low-torque tune.)

So I left the call thinking if my issue is the battery, wheel speed sensors, spark plugs gap, or even all 3, then that would be a nice and easy fix. But I am sus at how the tune will be treated since I had it installed at a different VW dealership, even though it's the same tune this dealership installs.

Basically gonna assume it's something terrible and catastrophic that won't be covered under warranty, so hopefully I will be pleasantly surprised. #mindgames

Last edited: