GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Try Reebok boxer briefs. They are awesome. I'm not bougie sp. enough to go Lulu etc, so maybe not a good frame of reference

SPLR337

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019/1997 GTI
Yikes. I hate that. What the dealer won’t tell you is the swirls they likely put in your paint are also complimentary. 😬
The wash came after the attendant put his clipboard right on my hood and leaned on the car to read the VIN. Won't be going back any time soon that's for sure.

I mean, it's a daily and the paint is not perfect, but I know which scratches and swirls are mine.

draftgli

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
It happens to everyone. It's because of the influence of this forum. A terrible, terrible place.

Minor clarification: it’s a terrible place for us.

Aftermarket part mfg’s OTOH, see our posts and be like:

Mreed055

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Sometimes makes sense to work in stages at time haha. If you went stock to hybrid, you’d get bored of that, whereas if you did stage 1, stage 2 and e30 stage 2 maybe, you got to try 3 different stages of fun before getting bored and going hybrid. :)

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Sometimes makes sense to work in stages at time haha. If you went stock to hybrid, you’d get bored of that, whereas if you did stage 1, stage 2 and e30 stage 2 maybe, you got to try 3 different stages of fun before getting bored and going hybrid. :)

that also costs sooooo much more money to go incrementally vs straight to the end goal

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Try Reebok boxer briefs. They are awesome. I'm not bougie sp. enough to go Lulu etc, so maybe not a good frame of reference
I'm about to try duluth boxer briefs cause their commercials are hilarious.

Dents27

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Autobahn GTI
Calvin Kleins are amazing, feels like I'm wearing nothing at all.

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Saxx Quest Long...the old style. New Quests suck

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Didn’t I just get done spending money? Now I have to go spend more? Heh, gotta pay to play I suppose.

Anyway, yeah intercooler is in the plans, after the clutch gets done. Then it’ll be time for a come to Jesus on dp and stage 2 tune vs go big or go home. After reading a bunch of y’alls trials and tribulations…I’m leaning towards the former.

Your clutch will last for a good while at stage 1 if you follow some simple rules. Don't launch the car hard or with a lot of slip and don't go WOT in 5th and 6th gear. I don't go over 1/4 throttle in 5th and 6th. I'm at 22,000 miles 6 track days, 40+ autocrosses, had some slip once after alignment kid probably beat on it on test drive. I'm planning on replacing the clutch in the spring, but the clutch isn't going to evaporate at stg 1 if you drive like an adult.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I can't have the outline of my ten pound package just flexing out there. I have to be more modest, Jim.

It's a tumor...

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Your clutch will last for a good while at stage 1 if you follow some simple rules. Don't launch the car hard or with a lot of slip and don't go WOT in 5th and 6th gear. I don't go over 1/4 throttle in 5th and 6th. I'm at 22,000 miles 6 track days, 40+ autocrosses, had some slip once after alignment kid probably beat on it on test drive. I'm planning on replacing the clutch in the spring, but the clutch isn't going to evaporate at stg 1 if you drive like an adult.
EQT Stage 1 91 octane gave me a slight bit of slip around 3-4k RPM (25k miles, original clutch) in 4th gear, but with that said that was also presenting itself when stamping the throttle from 3000 RPM. If you 'roll' into the throttle, downshift to pass, etc., you'll be alright. It's honestly very driveable on the stock clutch, but you'll quickly find yourself in a place where you want to replace the clutch, so you can make use of all the power whenever you damn well please.

It's delightful.