GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Nineeightyone

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI 04 JSW 10 MZ3
Thanks man, this really helps me swallow the damage to the wallet at Christmas time. 🤣
I mean, the car's a member of the family, you just made sure to give it a good present.

Nineeightyone

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI 04 JSW 10 MZ3
Wait till my wife finds out I spent more on the car than on her. 😳🤣
See, you need to spin it as a present for the both of you -- you spent a couple bucks on the car so that it's more engaging, so that you both can enjoy the drive out to a nice dinner date and a movie -- which by the way, the new 007 movie is a good one. My wife and I very much enjoyed it, she also enjoyed the improved performance from the GTI haha.

Besides, it was a sale you couldn't afford to pass up, so really you SAVED money so you could give her a better gift. You're so selfless, you waited until a sale came along so that you'd have more available funds to spend on spoiling her. Don't let her think about what you spent on the car, make it about all the places the car is going to take you two for date nights and vacations and whatnot.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
See, you need to spin it as a present for the both of you -- you spent a couple bucks on the car so that it's more engaging, so that you both can enjoy the drive out to a nice dinner date and a movie -- which by the way, the new 007 movie is a good one. My wife and I very much enjoyed it, she also enjoyed the improved performance from the GTI haha.

Besides, it was a sale you couldn't afford to pass up, so really you SAVED money so you could give her a better gift. You're so selfless, you waited until a sale came along so that you'd have more available funds to spend on spoiling her. Don't let her think about what you spent on the car, make it about all the places the car is going to take you two for date nights and vacations and whatnot.

I have 30 years experience doing this. It never works, they can see right through it. Lol

I still keep trying though.

Nineeightyone

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI 04 JSW 10 MZ3
I have 30 years experience doing this. It never works, they can see right through it. Lol

I still keep trying though.
Congrats, here's to 30+ more! I'm helped by the fact that my wife also races, she just took first in our region in HS with her Mazda3 and very well understands that mods cost money, but are worth every penny.

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
Interesting. I’ve never seen an ad but sometimes I get a page load error randomly.
I get a TON of page load errors like this, multiple times per day, but never with any other site:

1637781198069.jpeg

Probably the wrong thread for this, so... sorry I guess? Back to our regularly scheduled free for all.

Wastegate13

Autocross Newbie
I get a TON of page load errors like this, multiple times per day, but never with any other site:

View attachment 231273

Probably the wrong thread for this, so... sorry I guess? Back to our regularly scheduled free for all.
Yup that’s exactly the error message. I rarely use a computer to visit here but don’t remember seeing that on my laptop.

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
Not so much what I did to the car, but what I found.

There's a spot on my driver's side upper seat bolster, where the leather is already wearing through... on a 7 month old car. I've had other vehicles for years of hard work use that didn't show that kind of wear.

We are not amused. There's a clear trend of materials VW used on this car that look good, but are comically fragile. Interior plastics, windshield, headlight lenses, and leather seats apparently.

It really bothers me, and it's a trend in lots of other products. Durability under normal use is literally one of the cornerstones of the value equation, and the finishes on this car are obviously weak in that area.

I leased the car for write-off reasons, with the intent to buy it out at the end. I suspect I won't want to keep it, if this trend continues.

wasbaggedonce

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Winter tires are on. Also, noticed two huge dents in my rear passenger side door where someone must have hit me in a parking lot somewhere. No clue when it happened or where. I usually never look at that side of my car and I always park at the end of the lot.