GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
Mine got dinged when I was at the hospital getting my baby. I saw it, but I wasn't too upset at the time. I looked at it the other day and I got pretty pissed off though.
Did they ever figure out a child was missing from the nursery? :p

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I get a TON of page load errors like this, multiple times per day, but never with any other site:

View attachment 231273

Probably the wrong thread for this, so... sorry I guess? Back to our regularly scheduled free for all.
I believe it's doing a redirect to help filter out the spam bots but as we've all seen it doesn't always work as intended

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
1637857311496.png

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Mine got dinged when I was at the hospital getting my baby. I saw it, but I wasn't too upset at the time. I looked at it the other day and I got pretty pissed off though.

Did they have a pre black Friday special on babies at the hospital? I hear the trade in value on older kids is crazy right now, too. Good time to trade up.

Last edited:

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Disrespectful mother fuckers.

I never park anywhere that people can park on both sides of the car. It's also best to park on the passenger side of cars if you must park next to them. A car is always going to have a driver but not always passengers.

Unfortunately even this strategy isn't fool proof. Some douche still managed to put a quarter sized dent on the hatch and scuff my bumper in the rear.

No matter the time I never park close to a store, my condo, or the doors where I work. Lazy people who won't walk are are same people who dent car panels.

My wife gives me shit about parking at the back of lots. Meanwhile, her car is covered in door dings and mine isn't.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Put in some new new RS7 plugs. These are the old ones after 20k miles.

20211125_201923.jpg

Also swapped out wheels and tires for AutoX on Saturday.

Had 2 screws in my one of the tires from my daily set for the last 2 months and decided to remove them. Should've just left them in as tire was not losing any air and now it went flat.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
New BFI shift knob to replace the Boomba. I like that it's a little higher. Also put in new Brisk ER12S (0.024) spark plugs. Old plugs (Denso IHK24) had about 20K on them and went from 0.025 to 0.03+ gap. Probably could have just regapped but I had the new plugs anyway.
IMG_8054.JPG

VL3X

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Installed new rotors and iSweep IS2000 pads, gave it a wash.

How do you like the IS2000s? I'll need to replace my PP pads soon and considering them.

Which rotors did you go with?

branman1

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI 2021 GLI
Not a great birthday gift from my car today. Noticed a little puff of blue smoke after idling for a bit. Almost made it to 16k miles haha.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Yes. Leaning toward valve seals being the culprit but would like to verify this by pulling the turbo at some point.
The reason I ask is if you only see smoke after idling for an extra amount of time it could be the turbo bearings instead. When my turbo bearings were going bad I only noticed smoke after idling for a longer time and it was oil in the turbo that pools when idling.