GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
Unless I'm completely blind, my logs don't have target boost pressure as a parameter.
1635440149251.png

It's not there on the Sneeky log, but is on the EQT

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Maybe I just can't read then lol.

And yeah. The Sneeky log set doesn't have that parameter.

Black&WhiteGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
'16 GTI '92 Miata
I hit 60,000 miles yesterday. I guess I need to take it in for a DSG service. What prices should I expect to see and is it worth doing it myself? Also would it be reasonable to assume that engine mounts might be going out? I have a roughness at idle and my my rpms stay consistent.

Attachments

• 531E4498-F232-4C06-A5BC-DF0B7D0A54E2.jpeg
    531E4498-F232-4C06-A5BC-DF0B7D0A54E2.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 49

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Got some sticky summer tires😎. Anyone on here rock the Indy500s? Read great reviews online and finally pulled the trigger
They are a pretty decent tire for the money. They run on the narrow side and I wish I had gotten 235's instead. They wear well, are quiet, and provide better than average wet and dry traction during typical and spirited street driving. They handled my 400whp/400wtq well.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I hit 60,000 miles yesterday. I guess I need to take it in for a DSG service. What prices should I expect to see and is it worth doing it myself? Also would it be reasonable to assume that engine mounts might be going out? I have a roughness at idle and my my rpms stay consistent.
My dealer charges $430 for the DSG service.

Dents27

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 Autobahn GTI
They are a pretty decent tire for the money. They run on the narrow side and I wish I had gotten 235's instead. They wear well, are quiet, and provide better than average wet and dry traction during typical and spirited street driving. They handled my 400whp/400wtq well.
So a 235/40/18 would run similarly to the OEM 225/40/18?

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion

My dealer charges $430 for the DSG service.
This is about average. May be able to find an independent shop for a little cheaper but don’t expect much of a discount. If you have a way to monitor trans temp and can operate a ratchet it’s easy enough to do yourself. Pro tip if you have access to air. This thing will make removing the intake and battery take more time than filling the fluid.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-schwabe...transmission-fluid-service-tool/000545sch01a/

r3vo_0816

Ready to race!
Interesting, thank you for the insight! They seemed to be the best bang for your buck. I was between these and the Nfera SU1s but if theIndy500s can handle your 400whp, I should be fine with my almost stock whp LOL

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Interesting, thank you for the insight! They seemed to be the best bang for your buck. I was between these and the Nfera SU1s but if theIndy500s can handle your 400whp, I should be fine with my almost stock whp LOL
I was between these and the general gmax. Both have good reviews but the Indy’s were not available when I ordered. I have no complaints on the general though. They mounted easily and are pretty quiet. They seem to do well in the rain also, I have to really try to spin them.

StealthGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Haha!

27 years later, she still brings it up.

Some grudges never die! I recall my wife bringing home burritos one night about 10 years ago. She said, "Here's yours." I took it, sat down, and started eating. She routinely piddles around before she eats her food; so, I've learned to not wait on her. It turns out that she had accidentally given me her burrito and I hadn't noticed. She was PISSED, saying "You just mindlessly shove food into your mouth!" The phrase sort of stuck. What did I have for lunch today? "I don't recall. I just mindlessly stuff food into my mouth." What did Amazon deliver today? "I don't know. I just mindlessly order stuff and it comes." :ROFLMAO: She has a good sense of humor about it!

Which reminds me of a joke: If a man says he's going to do something, he'll do it. There's no need to remind him every six months!

On topic, my latest project on my Mk7 involves a new and improved rear seat delete with ventilation. Here are a few photos:

The new frame includes side panels to hide the exposed under-seat area...

Here's the finished side pieces with a look at the fold-up door, under which I keep some ham radio equipment...

I started with four 3-inch fans on the front panel...

I cut some holes in the removable trim panels in the trunk to provide a path for air to exit...

Here's how I think the air is flowing through the equipment area...

The side under the fridge will soon house a 100-Ah LiFePo4 battery. I'll be building it soon. For now, I've installed the DC-DC converter/charger and a simple box for testing. I've also added two more fans. They're both against the converter, but I eventually moved one to the other side of the car.

I'll share the completed battery project in my ham radio thread when the time comes. I have more photos of the "delete," including measurements and a video, on my website at https://stealthgti.com/2021/10/28/rear-seat-delete-new-and-improved/.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
I was between these and the general gmax. Both have good reviews but the Indy’s were not available when I ordered. I have no complaints on the general though. They mounted easily and are pretty quiet. They seem to do well in the rain also, I have to really try to spin them.

OK, but are they on your R? A GTI is completely different animal. I have the GMax on a JB4 equipped GTI and under full throttle they will break traction in first and second gear. Not all the time, but often enough. Mine are almost done after 30K miles, and I'm thinking of trying either the indy 500 if I can get them, or the Falken. I'll be going stage 1 soon.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
OK, but are they on your R? A GTI is completely different animal. I have the GMax on a JB4 equipped GTI and under full throttle they will break traction in first and second gear. Not all the time, but often enough. Mine are almost done after 30K miles, and I'm thinking of trying either the indy 500 if I can get them, or the Falken. I'll be going stage 1 soon.
Yes I only have an R now I just never changed my profile pic. I don’t think any tire outside of a slick on a dry surface won’t spin on a Gti, even stock. Lots of torque down low. The general will give a squeak from the front using launch control for me on the street.

EDIT: will report back once I go full e85

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
So a 235/40/18 would run similarly to the OEM 225/40/18?
They'd be very similar. I'm running 235/40 Goodyear Eagle F1 Assymetrical 2's currently and they are significantly wider (visually at least) compared to the 225/40 indy 500's I was running.

You're not going to eliminate wheelspin completely in 1st and 2nd with any summer tire (unless you control boost by gear). Could never get mine to spin when logging in 3rd though.