GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Since it'll be a few weeks for my base map for the Vortex, I installed the HPFP internals today, as I have an adjusted stage 2 map for it.

Dear lord what a bitch.

Was following the instructions from this video, which is great. But I got the first half of the locking ring in, and it got lodged with the collar, even though the collar could move free, causing me not to be able to get the second half in.

20211016_121205.jpg

20211016_122032.jpg

Finally after consulting @Diggs24, and enlisting my neighbor for a second pair of handa, I was able to get it free, and get the second one in.

20211016_132330.jpg

Got everything buttoned up, car starts fine, but haven't driven it yet. Will do that in a little bit. Total install time, about 2.5hrs.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Molex came in the mail yesterday, so wired some pigtails to connect the D-4.800 to the helix harness. Until I decide on new tweeters/mids for the front I'll run all of the car speakers from it...
  • Somewhere around 80/90hz and up to the fronts, with the highs attenuated a bit probably
  • Just mids to the rear for some fill
  • Lows to the sub, of course
  • Might try to get the time alignment dialed in
PXL_20211016_203429328.jpg

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
Replaced the windshield wipers.

Let me tell ya, I whistled a very merry tune while depositing the half-assed garbage OEM units in their rightful location.

Oh yeah, I took a piece of rubber 1/2" pipe insulation and a zip tie, and fixed that infuriating fuel line rattle too.

I'll have the dealer perform the TSB on it next time I'm in for an oil change.

The pipe wrap came in a 6' length, so I have about 70" of it left over LOL. Enough to last a lifetime.

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Well she is done for now: finished the front wheels today: had to do one minor adjustment on the front wheels cause i actually Left them on the car due to completely destroying my back being hunch over the back wheels: we will see how they hold up

Attachments

• BE465705-74E6-48DB-AF89-00BF38CE173B.jpeg
    BE465705-74E6-48DB-AF89-00BF38CE173B.jpeg
    4.7 MB · Views: 90
  • 6FF043A2-DCCC-4F60-ACC5-24C37031AE96.jpeg
    6FF043A2-DCCC-4F60-ACC5-24C37031AE96.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 86

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
Got a set of RS7 plugs from FCP Euro.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Busy weekend:
  • VWR Sport Springs
  • Red Line MT-90 Trans Fluid
  • Tire Rotation
  • DieselGeek Super Slider
  • Open Intake
  • Replaced/fixed battery terminal connector bolt
  • Shifter Alignment
  • Brake Pads
Huge thanks to @El_bigote_AJ for his help. Also got to go for another ride in his beast of a car

image_2021-10-18_100933.png

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Busy weekend:
  • VWR Sport Springs
  • Red Line MT-90 Trans Fluid
  • Tire Rotation
  • DieselGeek Super Slider
  • Open Intake
  • Replaced/fixed battery terminal connector bolt
  • Shifter Alignment
  • Brake Pads
Huge thanks to @El_bigote_AJ for his help. Also got to go for another ride in his beast of a car

View attachment 228282

If you're still on stock shocks, put money aside for decent ones, like Koni or Bilstein. No matter what these spring manufacturers say, the stock Sachs shocks don't work with them. If you're DCC, disregard, but the ride is going to quickly deteriorate if you're on the stock Sachs shocks and you'll experience terminal understeer in an emergency maneuver as the stock fronts collapse into the bump stops under braking.

Been there, done that, have the t shirt. Decent shocks make a massive improvement with lowering springs.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
If you're still on stock shocks, put money aside for decent ones, like Koni or Bilstein. No matter what these spring manufacturers say, the stock Sachs shocks don't work with them. If you're DCC, disregard, but the ride is going to quickly deteriorate if you're on the stock Sachs shocks and you'll experience terminal understeer in an emergency maneuver as the stock fronts collapse into the bump stops under braking.

Been there, done that, have the t shirt. Decent shocks make a massive improvement with lowering springs.
Yup we was out there looking like a hood VW dealer, Tiguan built like a lowered GTI 😂
D784CE01-350D-4CAD-BCEE-119F4010CDF0.jpeg

Yeah we talked about the struts-down the line, lol. And I cut the top tier of the front bump stop down so atleast he’s got 1/4” extra compression before the situation you noted happens 😂. During the 10k miles I drove my mk7 with spring and stock struts I luckily was never was in that emergency situation to experience that event, (granted only takes once to happen and be an issue)
Also my mk6 been on sportlines and stock struts from 50k to 120k but they def! Shot 😂😂, hits a hard bump and takes a good 5-6 comp/rebounds to re-settle.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Yup we was out there looking like a hood VW dealer, Tiguan built like a lowered GTI 😂
View attachment 228291

Yeah we talked about the struts-down the line, lol. And I cut the top tier of the front bump stop down so atleast he’s got 1/4” extra compression before the situation you noted happens 😂. During the 10k miles I drove my mk7 with spring and stock struts I luckily was never was in that emergency situation to experience that event, (granted only takes once to happen and be an issue)
Also my mk6 been on sportlines and stock struts from 50k to 120k but they def! Shot 😂😂, hits a hard bump and takes a good 5-6 comp/rebounds to re-settle.

It's nice to drive into my driveway and the bottom of my bumper not bounce up and down into the concrete now. The front mk7 struts can barely dampen the stock springs. They're Certainly no match for lowering springs or higher rates.