GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Nineeightyone

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI | 2004 JSW
EQT is a great option, and by far the post popular these days.

As for the clutch I’ll save myself some typing since I took the time to shoot a video on it.

Also have one on tuning, but you’ve already made a wise choice there.
Thanks, from one Jake to another! I definitely learned some things about the break-in process, and having the options lined out for my eventual/inevitable upgrade is excellent.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE

Honestly, if I could have gotten it by this Friday*, I would have bought it. But the entire reason I already am where I am, is because I don't have patience. Hardware wise, everything will be here by Friday. As long as I get that base EQT map by Friday, this turbo is going in this Saturday...

Edit: *Without paying a bajillion dollars for shipping.

Second edit: I am going to pick up a spare plastic one from the dealer in case it breaks while doing the swap. For only $4.50, would rather have it on hand.

Nineeightyone

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI | 2004 JSW
Godspeed brother - kill the install. I'm rooting for you. Despite your cat avatar.
Animal people > not animal people. Cats vs dogs is just semantics. (Coming from someone who likes both).

Thread related, it's far better to have the tools and not need them, rather than need the tools and not have them. My wife has been taking back all sorts of grief she used to give me about buying tools, now that her car's the one getting work done 😂

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE
Godspeed brother - kill the install. I'm rooting for you. Despite your cat avatar.

I just like the meme. I actually despise cats. They're useless. Sorry, cat people.

Dog person for life.

1634148043309.png

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

CiDirkona

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK3 TT, MK1 Atlas SE
Man, I wish I had seen this before putting in my IS38. I broke mine and barely made it to the VW dealership before they closed for the weekend.

Also, just to reiterate the need for these, the m8 Triple Squares need to be SHORT and NARROW!
I recommend these, even though they're a hair expensive. I ended up borrowing one from a friend after several HOURS of trying to get my normal sized 3/8" triple squares to work.

https://amz.run/4yEg

The oil return line M8 triple square needs to be NARROW and/or SUPER LONG to get past the wastegate rod. A 3/8" ratchet triple square won't work.

The coolant line M8 triple square on the front of the turbo needs to be SHORT to fit between the turbo and the exhaust inlet manifold.