swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

RedRaider17

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 GTI S
Installed some Neuspeed RSe 12s (Satin Bronze). I know its not for everyone but always been a fan of the white on bronze/gold look which is what swayed me in that direction.

RSE12_SatinBronze.jpg

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Rolled over 10k on the wife’s GLI, received Michelin All Season 4s for it (going on my old Audi wheels), almost went and bought a new CRF450RX but wimped out cuz the wife said 10k is too much for a toy I’ll only play with twice a month (she’s right, I’ll hold out for a lightly used one to pop up). Decided I’d mod the little guys bike instead, so I started a second YouTube channel for those shenanigans.

Kdubya

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI
Headlights (stock halogens to LEDs) and carbon fiber wrapped GTI symbol tonight (bumper was off anyways and wanted to see if this works- gotta let it bake in the sun tomorrow)

Attachments

• 60CF0579-3127-47C4-BD8B-A9A46697E0DA.jpeg
    60CF0579-3127-47C4-BD8B-A9A46697E0DA.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 62
  • CA7D55BC-3B4F-4221-9392-50E3537EAA2E.jpeg
    CA7D55BC-3B4F-4221-9392-50E3537EAA2E.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 60

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
You might consider rotating that bolt at the y pipe for two reasons. One, it is hanging really low and may snag on road kill and possibly get damaged. The other reason would be for aesthetics. It looks kind of ghetto when exhaust clamps are visible. Those clamps at the tips will be presumably covered by a GTI valence, correct? If not, you could paint them black.
Yeah I was waiting for the rear valance to show up to do final fitment, the tips seem to sit high, so I will need to adjust them shortly.

carbon_gecko

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 GOLf tsi 'S'
Installed gti rear valance.

Attachments

• 20210926_164911.jpg
    20210926_164911.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 85

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
59313AF5-6498-4E74-9396-4751AE5CD6E5.jpeg

installed Neuspeed sport springs and Bilstein B8. Neuspeed states the springs will no settle any lower which I hope is the case, as you can see I can just make it in the garage.I’m going to do a write up on what I learned as this was my first time performing this task. The quickjack is awesome!
953C9BF6-E9D4-43F7-9B33-09A143B7BE95.jpeg
08507C7A-D28F-45A5-9A94-A5ACA242DBCB.jpeg
5DC3C39F-A57E-4F2C-A2F7-9AA844FBFC67.jpeg

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
I'm going to attempt to get State Farm to fully cover my rental. When I took the car to the body shop six weeks ago they immediately said "it's gonna need a new door" but State Farm wrote for repair. The body shop called State Farm to try and get the estimate adjusted so they could order the door right away due to parts delays, but State Farm said no, and that they wouldn't accept any supplements until the repair process had begun. Well surprise, the repair process has begun, and the door still needs replaced, so they finally said "okay you can replace it" and now it's delayed.

If only State Farm would have listened to me and the shop and let them order it six weeks ago..

JJ_MK7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI Autobahn
View attachment 226502
installed Neuspeed sport springs and Bilstein B8. Neuspeed states the springs will no settle any lower which I hope is the case, as you can see I can just make it in the garage.I’m going to do a write up on what I learned as this was my first time performing this task. The quickjack is awesome!
View attachment 226499View attachment 226501View attachment 226498
Looking pretty good. Please do as I will be getting some Bilstein B6 Damptronic's for my Autobahn MK7.5 soon. It would be my first time also attempting to do this job. Thank God I have a quick jack already.

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI MT, PP, LP
Mk2*

Dialed in the *exhaust* tip fitment and did a ninja spring swap while the lady was at work 😂😂 paper tags still and 595 miles…slammed,tips,light tints, and nuespeed power module 😂

View attachment 226286View attachment 226287View attachment 226288

lol, would of been an awesome if someone drove by and said, what are you doing? It looks brand new. You can say, yeah, I just got it and already need to replace the tranny, engine, springs, etc. Though VW makes great cars... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
lol, would of been an awesome if someone drove by and said, what are you doing? It looks brand new. You can say, yeah, I just got it and already need to replace the tranny, engine, springs, etc. Though VW makes great cars... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

my neighbors have made this comment to me repeatedly throughout the years, when they see me working on a new car of mine. I’m like “haven’t we been through this before? Just because I’m replacing the suspension doesn’t mean there was anything wrong with it in the first place!” 😁😁😁