GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

itskohler

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 GTI, 1998 4runn
Location checks out
Well, not from this state, only here for a few years for work lol.

Buuuut related to the state I finally got my registration straightened out and its tagged! I still take the 4runner for the odd grocery run and for work, but it's nice to drive the GTI and not be too concerned about the temp tag being out.

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
A1F5E610-668E-4B69-9942-4654A930B1A9.png

Took a chance on a commissioned artist to mess around with a little drawing!

from these sketches and his other designs, I REALLY think I’m going to dig this! I’d never thought of asking for a drawing, but this guy is killing it so far! Out of my box, for sure.

shorty_cz

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Golf 1-7
Placed an order for bigger brother (facelifted Tiguan). Delivery time min. 8 months but estimated at 10 :cautious:

Last edited:

DeuceMcgee

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2020 GTI S DSG
Looking good Crow! This update is not as exciting as an airride, but after one turn on a rainy morning and receiving an arm and lap full of water I ordered some oem "air deflectors" from my local dealership.
RenderedImage.JPG

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
Installed Beluga/Rev9 with a Vibrant 17950 resonator yesterday. Like reviews have mentioned it gets "boomy" around 2800-3500rpm especially on deceleration but it is a deeper bass-y tone. The guy that installed it said that he had to "adjust" the hanger so it wouldn't hit the rear sub-brace but it looks crooked(?) Other than that pretty happy with it.
IMG_7688.JPG
IMG_7690.JPG
IMG_7689.JPG

Gonna get my Sachs SRE installed soon so I'll just have them adjust it.
“BangpapoWbangbangPoP”

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Finally finished retrofitting the virtual cockpit/active info display; couldn't have done it without the help of this forum, many thanks to everyone who had advice and guidance (not to mention patience.) I know digital isn't everyone's favorite car trend but 100% worth it to me, IMO.

View attachment 224426

View attachment 224425

yeah I’m an analog guy. One of my “down the line” upgrades when I’m out of high-impact mods to do is sourcing a 2017 Golf R’s gauge cluster. Fun fact “MK7.5” Alltracks are only 7.5 in their bumpers and headlights - the E/BCMs are shared with the outgoing 2015-2017 MK7’s. My 2019 even has the felt liner in the door cards :)

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
yeah I’m an analog guy. One of my “down the line” upgrades when I’m out of high-impact mods to do is sourcing a 2017 Golf R’s gauge cluster. Fun fact “MK7.5” Alltracks are only 7.5 in their bumpers and headlights - the E/BCMs are shared with the outgoing 2015-2017 MK7’s. My 2019 even has the felt liner in the door cards :)
That is a fun fact. My '19 has felt in the door cards too, hope that never goes away but with VW who knows. Is there anything different/cooler about the R's analog cluster vs. the Alltrack's?

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
That is a fun fact. My '19 has felt in the door cards too, hope that never goes away but with VW who knows. Is there anything different/cooler about the R's analog cluster vs. the Alltrack's?

Yeah, in terms of analog clusters on Golf-platform, VWs got 3 tiers:
1. base golf (all non-GTI/R) carried over from MK6 platform. White numbers and ticks, red needle. No accenting or adornment.
2. GTI cluster. Similar in look to base golf, with different motors, needles, numbering, and a red line around each gauge. More high def, clearly higher quality.
3. R cluster, similar to GTI but even more “accenting” to add elements to the design. Blue needles, white-grey background.