GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
It all happened so fast, and I was approximately right in the middle of both trailers.

View attachment 222476

I was worried if I braked I would go under one like the red arrow, so instead I punched the gas to try and make the gap like the green arrow, but still got hit. All of this happening in like less than three seconds.
Of course sometimes difficult to avoid, but this is a terrible spot to be in on the highway. Scary stuff, glad you’re ok!

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Yeah, if I can avoid driving between semis like that I will. Sometimes it's unavoidable though.

The thing is, the guy on the right had moved into the exit lane, so I assumed he was about to pull off the exit ramp. Guess he made a mistake and thought "don't wanna be in this lane" and started turning back before seeing me.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I have one. It was set to photo mode for some reason. Why do dash cams have a photo mode? Apparently it hasn’t been recording anything for months lol. SMH..
Now that is brutal. My Garmin takes pics, but I have to verbally tell it to

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Installed this thing thanks to @PAULMAN

EB08063D-BC3C-4837-8745-BDA24392F58F.jpeg

Car is fantastically neutral in the corners. I have to really ham fist and smash throttle to get the front to push.

otherwise stock car and OEM potenzas. Worth every penny!

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Sad face for OEM tires still.

I’ll get better rubber when these wear out. I’m at 7688mi since I bought the car, May ‘19. So, it’ll be a minute. 😂

edit: spelling derp

Last edited:

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
To be fair, no one actually saw it in person yet. I guess insurance companies don't send out adjusters anymore. They have "accident reporting apps". All I did was take some pictures and they based the $4300 off of that. We'll see what the shop says tomorrow.
also they aim for a low payout. If you just say yes and pocket the $ it's a win for them.

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
also they aim for a low payout. If you just say yes and pocket the $ it's a win for them.

That's why I was surprised when the estimate included two full-cost Rotiform replacements, which ended up being three after looking when I got home last night. They said "okay we'll change it to three and give you another $340."

I ended up just buying a whole new set because why only buy three wheels? I'll keep the brand new set and sell the old set as "need to be refinished" or something. 🤷‍♂️

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I’ll get better rubber when these wear out. I’m at 7688mi since I bought the car, May ‘19. So, it’ll be a minute. 😂

edit: spelling derp
All it took for me to replace my new oem tires was not getting up my driveway after a super light dusting in the winter…. Only had 2k miles on those pirellis