RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
D68DF8C2-E5BB-4FB6-A89C-4C68297F4ED3.jpeg

From the normal girl in school,

6EBC5069-9A72-4BCC-84FE-0FDBD501D44A.jpeg

7F6B587F-85CD-4FA1-A045-0F648A18F229.jpeg
To a lowered boat with new shoes and mudflaps 😻 I’m obsessed. Just wrapped up around 11p, so I’m stoked to see it in day light. It’s off tomorrow to BFI for an alignment and get dialed in

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
They look so similar to my wheel. I can't tell if they're hartmanns or something else, I want to say something else.

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
So I guess they did include the hub centric rings? Looks great.
👍
They did! And new studs, so that was cool. I’m over the moon with my tire rack order. I placed it Sunday, it arrived Wednesday. They didn’t charge me for shipping OR mounting and balancing the tires. Haven’t needed to call them for any reason to test out customer service, but that’s a win in my eyes! Also, I bought 2018 Bridgestone’s for a heck of a deal. They’re already gripper then OE

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Goodies from TireRack, I was a pain but Gus made it an easy process. Wheels from one warehouse and tires were on order to another, but everything came and I'm very pleased with the result. 18x8 Flow One F1S @ 20lbs/corner, wrapped in 225/40/18 Riken Raptors. Great street tire, and my first set of new wheels. They were on sale under $200/ea and my wife liked them too, so it was a slam dunk.

Attachments

• 20210803_191219.jpg
    20210803_191219.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 96

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Goodies from TireRack, I was a pain but Gus made it an easy process. Wheels from one warehouse and tires were on order to another, but everything came and I'm very pleased with the result. 18x8 Flow One F1S @ 20lbs/corner, wrapped in 225/40/18 Riken Raptors. Great street tire, and my first set of new wheels. They were on sale under $200/ea and my wife liked them too, so it was a slam dunk.
Looks good. With the money saved can you lower the car?

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Looks good. With the money saved can you lower the car?
Nah, I'm planning to keep it at current height. There are too many factors to consider when changing suspension geometry and design, and I'm looking for optimal road handling over aesthetic. Without access to a shock dyno I'm hesitant to change the car's behavior, as it is it's enjoyable in all conditions and behaves how I'd like it to.

Besides, it's not the autocross car -- just a fun weekender.

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
Looks good 😻😻

DrFunkalupicus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI S
I made a “pilgrimage” of sorts and got a pic in front of the old VW plant in PA where they used build Rabbits back in the day. I wanted to get closer but my wife was adamant about me not driving past the unmanned guard shack 😐

Attachments

• A0BB2416-1E90-4CAE-9561-1DBB2C263717.jpeg
    A0BB2416-1E90-4CAE-9561-1DBB2C263717.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 83

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I made a “pilgrimage” of sorts and got a pic in front of the old VW plant in PA where they used build Rabbits back in the day. I wanted to get closer but my wife was adamant about me not driving past the unmanned guard shack 😐

You went to all that trouble and used a potato to get the picture?