GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Floor jacks.
I've had one of the Pittsburgh low profile jacks for over a decade and it's been great, a year or two ago I picked up a Daytona long reach low profile and it's great as well. The Pittsburgh Pro ratchets are also fantastic. Power tools seem to be hit or miss, I keep waiting for my oscillating multi-tool to die so I can buy the cordless Dewalt variant, but it just refuses to quit :ROFLMAO:

I don't trust their battery platform and I've seen several of their sawzalls let out the magic gas, but I think that reinforces the point that some things are great and others aren't quite up to snuff. And don't get me started on the jackstand fiasco.

They make decent stuff on the mk6. Their endlinks for instance. That's about all id go to for them. Their sway bars are good too. Didnt know their mounts were a problem. Shocking to hear how short they last. I would always go with BFI anyway

BFI's mounts are absolute art. I have their setup on my mk4, and once funds allow I plan to go for their engine and transmission mounts for the MQB.

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
To be sure, I'm not personally doing this, but getting the proper windshield installed for lane assist and auto headlights/wiper retrofit. I am excite.
PXL_20210804_154857133.jpgPXL_20210804_154912484.jpg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I'm not that excite, haha.

Asking you since you're done the most retrofits out of anyone I know.

Swapping from the square MK7 ACC sensor in the grille to the MK7.5 version behind the emblem? Possibly doable at all? Way more expensive and involved than one would be think? Or just no idea at all?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
The only physical difference between the sensor mounted in the grill and the one mounted behind the emblem is the grill mounted one has a heated front cover.

Being a later part number the ones behind the emblem are more capable. I have a behind the emblem part number mounted in my grill (swapped the front cover over from a non-working grill mounted unit) and it works perfectly.

So I can't think of any reason it wouldn't work the other way around. But I don't know if anybody has done it.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
The only physical difference between the sensor mounted in the grill and the one mounted behind the emblem is the grill mounted one has a heated front cover.

Being a later part number the ones behind the emblem are more capable. I have a behind the emblem part number mounted in my grill (swapped the front cover over from a non-working grill mounted unit) and it works perfectly.

So I can't think of any reason it wouldn't work the other way around. But I don't know if anybody has done it.

If it was done, there's a recalibration that would need to be done by vw, correct?

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
50k oil change and service. Everything is still looking good on my NA 2017 GTI.
4176CAE9-D5A3-4631-8901-60B213AD3B14.jpeg

Another harness on its way
893CCA1C-F0D1-4D99-A92B-FEBCFDE92A96.jpeg

Added a „Baby-Alltrack“ to our fleet. 2013 Cross Polo for our 18 years old new born.
031D3EE7-DF2D-4866-BC13-C8F296825BC9.jpeg

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Technically yes. ACC is retrofitted on my car, all of the coding and activation done by the guys at VAG Retrofit & Coding. So my car has never been to the dealer for any type of calibration and ACC has worked flawlessly for me. I don't know if it's something they did and/or a combination of me being lucky on install with the alignment. But I have not had a single incident of false alerts. It also reliably recognizes cars to the left that it will not pass without me "approving" with the gas pedal.

My car does not auto brake though, older ABS module. So a false alarm for me just means the car yelling, it doesn't mean the car hitting the brakes. By the time I replace the ABS module it will have been a year of me having ACC so I've got a level of trust in it. But as a fresh install, or if I was moving the sensor from grill to emblem, I might disable the auto braking and drive with it for a while to see how it behaved first.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I was able to slam on the brakes long enough to just give him a love tap in his rear hind quarter. It left deer hair on my car, but there doesn’t seem to be any structural damage at all

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I take that back. The license plate holder took the hit…..The plate is supposed to be parallel to the front of the bumper
08250F98-E79A-4458-90D6-0CD005816518.jpeg