GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I believe the idea here is that the tank-mounted pump uses fuel for cooling, but I could be mistaken. In any case, I tend to fill up at about a quarter tank, I figure I'm going to get gas at some point anyway, so I may as well do it before it's an emergency.
I just like to visit the gas station as little as possible and have never had a fuel pump issue from my bad practices.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
I just like to visit the gas station as little as possible and have never had a fuel pump issue from my bad practices.
Makes sense. My GTI got hit less than 3 months after I took ownership of it at a gas station, so I try to avoid being there when it's busy. It seems like everyone's in a rush these days :confused:

I wind up filling up at least one of my vehicles a week, but I also do a fair amount of traveling for work. The real struggle is not putting tons of mileage on the GTI, it's an absolute joy to drive but I don't want to pile on the miles for business when I could pile them on for pleasure.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
First time dropping my GTI off at the dealer for warranty work. 1 hour later there and a ton of severe weather and hail moved into the area. It rarely sees rain since I park it in the garage so I’m hoping she’s safe.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
First time dropping my GTI off at the dealer for warranty work. 1 hour later there and a ton of severe weather and hail moved into the area. It rarely sees rain since I park it in the garage so I’m hoping she’s safe.

Not to alarm you, but the roof of my GTI did not fare well in a hail storm last summer. There is only one dent in the hood but more than a dozen on the roof.

Here is a picture that captures hail bouncing off my car:

20200706_154739.jpg

If you zoom in, look at the bricks between the garage doors at the house on the left, across the street. Then pan down to my car and see the lump of ice bouncing in the air. You can see the splash right under it.
I just happened to be working at that house that day, which is farther away than I usually have to go. What luck!

RisingFallens

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI!
You told me that yours was sagging but I didn't say anything about mine but yes it's sagging. So I used a black zip tie and looped it through the ECS intake and the factory part that remains and it supports it. Don't really notice the zip tie. It has helped my hot weather performance a lot.
Ahhhh I think I remember you saying you weren’t sagging! But I think you said it wasn’t sagging due to the zip tie

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
Just got back from a much needed vacation and decided to finally throw the rears on. I still need to make some more adjustments with the fronts and let it sit overnight to make sure I don’t have any leaks.

View attachment 216742

I know the feeling. Just got back myself.

315D45DF-15B3-48A8-9EB5-9032CBFA91C5.jpeg

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
It puts the lime in the coconut?