GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Vesta Turan

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'17 Volkswagen GTI S
Had her towed home... not technically ours, it is our daughter's '15 GTI SE, but we love her like shes ours, lol.

64539389070__F7787F06-55EB-41A5-8580-7FDAEAF2468C.jpg

Going to be replacing the thermostat housing more than likely... Yay! 😂 Fun times!... We will need to run a pressure test to see exactly where the failure is, but the coolant trail is hinting at a housing issue. Thermostat housing and pump were replaced 10K miles ago, really wasnt expecting it to fail again this early. Any advice or recommendations are welcome.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Had her towed home... not technically ours, it is our daughter's '15 GTI SE, but we love her like shes ours, lol.

View attachment 216675

Going to be replacing the thermostat housing more than likely... Yay! 😂 Fun times!... We will need to run a pressure test to see exactly where the failure is, but the coolant trail is hinting at a housing issue. Thermostat housing and pump were replaced 10K miles ago, really wasnt expecting it to fail again this early. Any advice or recommendations are welcome.
10k?! Man that doesn’t sound right at all. Smart idea, hopefully the pressure test reveals something

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Who the hell are you to talk shit? Mr I’m gonna wreck your windshield 😂

Difference is I had an appointment and paid for to fix the windshield by the time I got home. Doubt my 7 year old daughter would fix my side skirts :ROFLMAO:

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Ran a little low on gas yesterday. Not even sure how many gallons the tank holds - derp. The pump clicked off at 11.97 gallons.

Attachments

• empty.jpg
    empty.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 66

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Never realized the R had a bigger tank.

dashington

Car(s)
'21 Golf TSI
filed the claim / VW-certified shop owned by same group as my dealer ordered parts 7 days ago, dropped off this morning to repair a meeting with a 2yr old doe at 1800 miles...

IMG_0016.jpeg

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
About 13.2 gallons if it's the same as an 18.
Yeah, my 17 and 18 both had the 13.2 gallon tank. I consider it a failure if I put less than 12.0 in. I typically try to drive to 0 miles remaining and then add about 5-10 more miles. My previous Mazda 3 had over 3 gallons left when you hit 0 miles until empty. I'd just reset the trip odometer and go at least 50 miles before refilling. Stupid car.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Yeah, my 17 and 18 both had the 13.2 gallon tank. I consider it a failure if I put less than 12.0 in. I typically try to drive to 0 miles remaining and then add about 5-10 more miles. My previous Mazda 3 had over 3 gallons left when you hit 0 miles until empty. I'd just reset the trip odometer and go at least 50 miles before refilling. Stupid car.
I believe the idea here is that the tank-mounted pump uses fuel for cooling, but I could be mistaken. In any case, I tend to fill up at about a quarter tank, I figure I'm going to get gas at some point anyway, so I may as well do it before it's an emergency.