GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
As long as it doesn't rain, I'm cool. Last session last time it started to rain and car hydroplaned exiting Nascar 4. Came an inch or 2 from totaling a brand new car and I didn't get track insurance. I cut the session short and went home, but bucket list achieved, driving under the lights, at night, in the rain at Daytona.

I mowed the lawn in 8/8a at Seca.... I packed it up right after.

edit. Fuck you fat fingers

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Put the stock end links back on as they were making less noise than the Air Lift ones. I still need to buy some that are a little shorter though, but they’ll do for now. Took off my wheel spacers too so I could get the maximum amount of low possible at the moment.

View attachment 215564
Were the air lifts not adjustable?

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Were the air lifts not adjustable?

Nope. The stock ones are about 14.5” long and the Air Lifts about 11.5”. I think I need something right around 13” to fit just right and not clunk on the subframe or rub on the axle.

I ordered a set of Whiteline adjustable ones.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Put the stock end links back on as they were making less noise than the Air Lift ones. I still need to buy some that are a little shorter though, but they’ll do for now. Took off my wheel spacers too so I could get the maximum amount of low possible at the moment.

View attachment 215564
#goodtuck

hotbascosauce

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE DSG W/DCC
Installed the ECS FMIC. Chose this over others because it was on sale for 10% off and I liked how there were powdercoated brackets provided to hold the cooler in place instead of drilling the cash bar. Also ECS provides caps for the stock interooler. People hate on ECS, but I personally haven’t had any issues yet. Thanks again to @Keehs360 for the guidance.

Things I wish I had known. On most other FMIC installs I’ve seen, you need to break off the ambient temp sensor bracket. There is definitely enough room with the ECS FMIC to just bend it back. Also I didn’t realize we needed to reuse the plastic bracket that holds the temp sensor. Luckily the part is only $2.50. I do have some concerns with the fitment of the hose on the driver side touching the stock intercooler, but now that I’m typing this, I could just back the hose off to give it more room.
Differences from the instructions provided by ECS for the MK7.5 vs the MK7. The grill comes off differently. It’s more of an up motion, then a forward motion. I wasn’t sure about unplugging the forward collision sensor, so I left it in place. The bracket that holds the horn in place needs to be drilled out slightly. Lastly the crash bar bolts were 16mm rather than 19mm.
05123D3A-624D-4AED-9458-F15796DE7DB3.jpeg

Attachments

• 6BB02FBB-B663-40DC-B52C-AED6DE901D79.jpeg
    6BB02FBB-B663-40DC-B52C-AED6DE901D79.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 83
  • 18D89ECE-09EA-4B26-A74F-0E0584CBFDF6.jpeg
    18D89ECE-09EA-4B26-A74F-0E0584CBFDF6.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 85
  • 8FCF697C-965C-4F46-9396-6D5FB915F338.jpeg
    8FCF697C-965C-4F46-9396-6D5FB915F338.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 80
  • 24ADD6FC-9E84-42FA-84BC-092A126C6496.jpeg
    24ADD6FC-9E84-42FA-84BC-092A126C6496.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 89
Last edited:

IanCH

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'20 GTI
Your hoses are pushed on too far on the IC. clamps are too far past the flange as well. Looks nice otherwise tho.

Mounting brackets are preferable to drilling the crash bar for sure but I didn't have problems drilling the crash bar, just some metal shavings in the face :LOL:

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Installed the ECS FMIC. Chose this over others because it was on sale for 10% off and I liked how there were powdercoated brackets provided to hold the cooler in place instead of drilling the cash bar. Also ECS provides caps for the stock interooler. People hate on ECS, but I personally haven’t had any issues yet. Thanks again to @Keehs360 for the guidance.

Things I wish I had known. On most other FMIC installs I’ve seen, you need to break off the ambient temp sensor bracket. There is definitely enough room with the ECS FMIC to just bend it back. Also I didn’t realize we needed to reuse the plastic bracket that holds the temp sensor. Luckily the part is only $2.50. I do have some concerns with the fitment of the hose on the driver side touching the stock intercooler, but now that I’m typing this, I could just back the hose off to give it more room.
Differences from the instructions provided by ECS for the MK7.5 vs the MK7. The grill comes off differently. It’s more of an up motion, then a forward motion. I wasn’t sure about unplugging the forward collision sensor, so I left it in place. The bracket that holds the horn in place needs to be drilled out slightly. Lastly the crash bar bolts were 16mm rather than 19mm.
View attachment 215618
Grats! Any pics of it all assembled?

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Over the weekend.. Majesty twintercooler. Nice little bit of insurance for the warm weather upcoming, no cutting of the bumper necessary (though it just barely fit). IATs are impressive, boost pressure hasn't changed, and when the warranty is up it should be a nice compliment to a tune.

Attachments

• 20210601_074902.jpg
    20210601_074902.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 77

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
Finally got tired of my ez-pass rattling around in the dash cubby, so pulled it out and lined it with felt. So much nicer.

IMG_0577.jpeg

Also, posted this over in the dumb questions thread, but if anyone has any experience with removing/replacing their 12v outlet, would love some advice; can't get the dang ring thing to light up for the life of me (replacing the black plastic dummy sleeve in the 7.5)

IMG_0570.jpeg

Last edited:

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Got my car back from the dealer today. The shock came in super early and they called me to say it was ready at 8:30am. Now I can get my RSB installed.

hotbascosauce

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE DSG W/DCC
Over the weekend.. Majesty twintercooler. Nice little bit of insurance for the warm weather upcoming, no cutting of the bumper necessary (though it just barely fit). IATs are impressive, boost pressure hasn't changed, and when the warranty is up it should be a nice compliment to a tune.
This was actually my first choice, but another member on here was talking about how much modification was needed to fit on the MK7.5 Glad it worked out for you.