GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Or Gen 3, whatever. Even more deadly than the V2.

"With America out of the way, we will win the next war - and the one after that, too!" - Field Marshal Von Klucke, Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
In college, I used to forget to look at my gauge all the time and I ran my tank dry like 3 or 4 times on the same 2015 GTI. Never had a CEL, but come to think of it that car always had what felt like fueling issues. It always got bad mileage for a GTI. I could go 65 in cruise for an hour and hand calc 31 mpg. Normal MK7 GTIs get 38-40 going 65. And when I went Uni Stage 1 91 running 93 octane, my car would go into limp mode every time I hit 120MPH @ WOT.
Lol Both sons went to penn state. We lived in Chicago at the time and over Christmas break, son 2 took over after midnight. In the middle of Indiana on a freezing rain highway, he ran the old pilot dry. They almost froze to death. Tools both of them:)

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
This is the first car I've kept a little journal on all the important stuff.

View attachment 215432

Nice. I have a spreadsheet on my phone for each car. 1 tab for fuel mileage and 1 tab for mods and services including product and labor cost, vendor, where installed.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Okay... this should be illegal. I was having trouble with my 2-3 shift, third gear was just NEVER where I expected it to be at WOT. The Boomba short shifter completely cuts out all of that guessing/vagueness. Maybe it has to do with being weighted? IDK I'm not an engineer, this thing slips into third as if it was soaked in warm crisco.

My full setup is now Boomba Shifter with Dieselgeek Sigma 6 V2, completely changes the game fellas.

Attachments

• 20210531_171055.jpg
    20210531_171055.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 98

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
Okay... this should be illegal. I was having trouble with my 2-3 shift, third gear was just NEVER where I expected it to be at WOT. The Boomba short shifter completely cuts out all of that guessing/vagueness. Maybe it has to do with being weighted? IDK I'm not an engineer, this thing slips into third as if it was soaked in warm crisco.

My full setup is now Boomba Shifter with Dieselgeek Sigma 6 V2, completely changes the game fellas.
Now you just need a Super Pin.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP

It doesn't look like it belongs though. The stock shifter looks a lot nicer. Sorry.

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
The stock shifter looks a lot nicer. Sorry.
Can't say I care, the stock shifter feels so godawful compared to this.

Good luck to anyone still bouncing around on that raised plastic piece of garbage.

Last edited:

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Switched out the stock end links with the Air Lift ones and the clunking stopped, but now I'm getting some god awful rubbing sound on all right turns, but never lefts. Something with the sway bar still I guess. Maybe the Air Lift ones still aren't short enough..:unsure:

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Dropped it off for the dealer this morning. Should be getting a rear shock replaced under warranty. They need the car over night though. Sounded like they've never seen a DCC shock leak before, so they have no parts for it in stock, so my car has to sit at the dealership to hold it's spot in line while we wait for the part.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Dropped it off for the dealer this morning. Should be getting a rear shock replaced under warranty. They need the car over night though. Sounded like they've never seen a DCC shock leak before, so they have no parts for it in stock, so my car has to sit at the dealership to hold it's spot in line while we wait for the part.
that sucks man, are the shocks back ordered due to covid?

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
that sucks man, are the shocks back ordered due to covid?
Nope, they just won't order the part until they've verified that's the issue. Even though the lady at the parts counter made it sound like they were going to get the part ordered 2 weeks ago so it'd be here for today.

Raguvian

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GSW 4MO 6MT
Nope, they just won't order the part until they've verified that's the issue. Even though the lady at the parts counter made it sound like they were going to get the part ordered 2 weeks ago so it'd be here for today.

Did they at least give you a rental car? The dealer I went to was an absolute ass about giving me a loaner.