GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Turned on my car after it sat for about 20 hours and I lost about ~20 PSI in my tank. I sprayed down every connection with soapy water and not a single bubble to be found. So either it’s the tiniest pinhole or it’s just from temperature changes (was 80 yesterday during install and dropped to 50 overnight).

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Check your water trap. Can’t count how many, even ones I installed that were backwards.
Turned on my car after it sat for about 20 hours and I lost about ~20 PSI in my tank. I sprayed down every connection with soapy water and not a single bubble to be found. So either it’s the tiniest pinhole or it’s just from temperature changes (was 80 yesterday during install and dropped to 50 overnight).

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Yeah possible. Assume you used tape on all fittings?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Yep. Tape on every fitting. Sprayed it all down and no bubbles. But if it’s really only losing ~1 PSI an hour, that would be a really small leak.
Do you have check valves between the tank and the management ?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Nope. Just between the compressor and tank. I’ve never used them anywhere else. This is actually my first air ride setup where I’ve had a leak.
Weird. Could legit be the water trap itself. 1 psi isn’t bad As long as there are check valves at the shocks, you’re good

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
Weird. Could legit be the water trap itself. 1 psi isn’t bad As long as there are check valves at the shocks, you’re good
I also don’t have the full system hooked up yet. Just the management. So there’s currently five (FL, FR, RL, RR, & E) empty ports with no lines attached. Hope to do that either this weekend or next week depending on when my fittings get here. Still waiting on a couple elbows and then I’ll calibrate the system and fully check for leaks.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I just ran your fingerprints and you check out okay. Damn that picture has great resolution.
We've finally reached the point with cell phone cameras that I can leave the DSLR home in some situations...

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
We've finally reached the point with cell phone cameras that I can leave the DSLR home in some situations...
Pretty much, yeah. I saw a rumor video on the camera sensor Samsung is working on for it's next Galaxy's. 200 megapixels. That's crazy. Won't compete against a proper DSLR but that deep learning shit on Android phones + a solid camera gets close