GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Location
Las Vegas
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
lol no lie tho my leg man r.i.p
It’s clutch judder/shudder the noise you’re experiencing from a couple things : the surfaces are still new and not mated to each other yet, also you just need to get the rpms higher than before of you are getting that during take off.

It’s even worse with ceramic materials and pucked if you don’t give it enough gas.
 

Anthony3o55

Drag Racing Champion
Location
South FL
It’s clutch judder/shudder the noise you’re experiencing from a couple things : the surfaces are still new and not mated to each other yet, also you just need to get the rpms higher than before of you are getting that during take off.

It’s even worse with ceramic materials and pucked if you don’t give it enough gas.
makes sense. With the stiffness and the clutch stop gone im literally learning stick all over again which makes getting first tricky for me. The engagement point is the same as stock. Biting point isnt so low to the ground how you guys say. I gotta lift clutch up a decent amount for it to bite.


I sent a video of the noise to the shop that installed the clutch. Their gonna take a look at it to make sure everything is good
 

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Location
Phoenix
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
They need something else to do. Cops should be the same as firefighters. Just stationed somewhere until a call comes in. Not just driving around aimlessly for their whole shift.
By driving around in different areas besides being able to see problems they also are spread out so that they can respond to a call sooner. In Phoenix they have a citizen patrol driving around through parking lots scanning license plates for stolen plates and cars.
 

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Location
Phoenix
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I heard about a fundraiser for police once that they just closed off a section of highway, did some safety checks and let people blast down it at top speed. Whatever the ticket for your recorded speed was, would be your donation. Kinda genius. I want to say it was out west somewhere, a Dakota maybe?
Need a link for that. The potential liability the city would face makes that hard to believe. Maybe on a racetrack but not on a closed off section of highway.
 

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Location
Las Vegas
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
In Phoenix they have a citizen patrol driving around through parking lots scanning license plates for stolen plates and cars.
People
Also do that for repo cars lol. When the banks put the car in repo the plates pinged and people will drive around checking the plates then contact repo companies in town and if they pull the car they get a finders fee.
 

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Location
NJ
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
People
Also do that for repo cars lol. When the banks put the car in repo the plates pinged and people will drive around checking the plates then contact repo companies in town and if they pull the car they get a finders fee.
Fucking snitches.
 

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Location
PA
Car(s)
2020 GLI Autobahn
By driving around in different areas besides being able to see problems they also are spread out so that they can respond to a call sooner. In Phoenix they have a citizen patrol driving around through parking lots scanning license plates for stolen plates and cars.
Multiple studies show that only approximately 4% of calls to police are "violent" calls that actually need police presence. The other 96% could be resolved without police. I'm not saying to defund them or get rid of them. I just think there are plenty of police stations around that they could just be stationed there until a "violent" call came in. I guess it depends on where you live though. For me personally, I have at least four different police stations within three miles of my house. Just my two cents. 🤷‍♂️
 

Dyoshi

New member
Location
WA
Car(s)
2017 Golf GTI Sport
Installed new wheels and tires:

Enkei TFR
17x8
ET45
Hankook Ventus R-S4
235/45R17
C1DFF361-1EEB-46FF-AA1E-9C4BFB1878FE.jpeg
 

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Location
USA
Car(s)
19 GTI 10 MZ3
In the name of getting us back on track (pun very intended)... Got photos back from our most recent autocross event today! Car is mostly stock (some cosmetic mods, intake/catback/RSB) and on stock tires, but still had a great time autocrossing it. The eLSD is nuts, my first time autocrossing a boosted car as well as first time autocrossing something with not-an open differential. If I were going to be using it regularly for this I'd buy a better set of tires without a doubt, but lordy what fun. It really lives up to the 'dream car' I had in mind when I was young, and makes for a great platform. Definitely takes some getting used to, I'm more accustomed to immediate power so getting into the throttle earlier than I normally would was unusual.

Nonetheless, here's a photo 😁
i-zHcXN2X-X3.jpg
 
Top